Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive done a search but cant find anything conslusive, has it been decided who offers the best GAP insurance. Mez did sugest Directgap who's prices do seem pretty good, should I go with them or somewhere else.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What claim limit would I need is 5k going to be enough. Is return to invoice the one I should go for ?Edited by: Fontie

·
Registered
484 Posts
Hi Fontie. It was the first site I came across that seemed reasonable. I’ve not used them as yet; I don’t have a car to insure
. I’m thinking of taking out a 4 year return to invoice policy.<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
i covered mine on £10 it made about £1 difference to cost, the policy depends on what you want and how you are finacing vehicle if you have it on a pcp then i was advised RTI was all i needed
if you are paying outright you may want to consider replacement vehicle but this to can depend on your insurance company I only took it out as my insurance provider only does market value but some will replace car in first 12 months anyway its all about personal choice/circumstance

·
Registered
484 Posts
I'm thinking10k (4 year policy) but that is for a DiG-T. If it was written off in 3 1/2 years time I would be content with my insurance payout plus 10k (up to invoice price of course). <?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><O:p></O:p>
In the event of a claim the only issue that may arise is if both insurance companies’ valuations differ. Which they will because your car insurance will offer you peanuts and thereturn to invoice policy won't want to pay the difference. <O:p></O:p>
It does mention in the small print that you must contact them first before accepting any insurance payout.

Edited by: Mez

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, I think I will go with the one your with deks, click4gap £131 for 10k RTI cover its a little more expensive than Directgap £114 Was there any reason you went with click4gap ?

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
its just the one that came up when i searched seems to be reccomended by one of the insurance search engines, though that means nothing in all honesty they are probably just as bad as car insurance companies but what else can we do this is the first time i have taken one out and I am hopeful of not needing it.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
deks36 said:
its just the one that came up when i searched seems to be reccomended by one of the insurance search engines, though that means nothing in all honesty they are probably just as bad as car insurance companies but what else can we do this is the first time i have taken one out and I am hopeful of not needing it.
Did they offer instalments?
12inch

·
Registered
27 Posts
Wow! You guys just saved me £298. I had already signed up to the dealers GAP at £399, but then saw this thread
. I am within my right to cancel period so have put that in motion and bought from directgap for £101.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I've totally screwed up here. I've never bought a brand new car before and didn't know anything about GAP insurance and Nissan made it sound as though I had to take it with them or not have it at all so I got it when I ordered the car for £299! It was only on Thursday so I'm hoping that I can cancel it.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
you can cancel it some other members have cancelled their Gap also if you have taken paint treatment such as supaguard you may want to read up on that as well as that too is reather expensive compared to DIY

·
Registered
26 Posts
Thanks for that, and yes, gullible me has also taken the Supaguard for £280 so will look into that too!Thanks again

·
Registered
26 Posts
yes its like a scotch guard for the inside and some kind of coating for the outside?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts