1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
we like the boys with the cars that go BBBBRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrr

great base tester haha :D

If your into really stupid audio systems please do tell:
as soon as the novelty of sport mode wears off i plan to
wack in my sound equipment.
So far i have 2 12" rockford comp subs, 1 RF mono block, 1 Kenwood powerhouse
a 2 pharad cap to take the strain off the battery and some odd bits and bobs.

My record is 157.2DB

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i havent got my Juke yet lol :D
However Duke arives on the 18th of april so very soon now.
My plan of action is to get the front lights (head lights and side lights) swapped out for LED and ultra brights. Next is the 18" black tims for my white baby. This its a toss up between the stilten exhaust upgrade or the sound system. Im still looking for a decent in casr audio company by me to help me out. Im usless with building boxes and would like that professional touch but as soon as im done ill let you know and post pics. I still dont know if the head unit has any rca out puts :/

·
Registered
17 Posts
The connect nav doesn't have rca outputs
. I went to a car audio company today for upgrading the stereo. I told them i like my music warm with a clean bass but I want to enjoy the music inside the car, not entertain an entire city block
This is what they proposed :Focal component in the front, coax 2-way in the back, 10" sub. Focal solid4 4channel amp( 4x100w) for speakers and focal solid 1 mono amp (1x600) for sub.
This is the first time I will do something like this . Does this setup look ok or is it to much.
Any advice is welcome.

·
Registered
219 Posts
The figures may look big but you need that to stop any distortion. No point in upgrading if you get distortion of any sort. Sound deadening is a must behind the speakers in the door, otherwise the panelsjust vibrate in sympathy, not nice. Dont forget decent power leads and cables to the speakers. Its the detail that makes the system.I would like to hear their recommendation set up before I would commit to buy. Will they install or you, if they do then there should be some comeback if it does not meet you expectations. Big money it should be great but there is a lot of choice at those prices.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Editing a post keeps locking me out since the maintenance last night so to add.
Many dont like the Focus amp with their speakers so I would look around and see what other dealers have to say and try the sound of any setup your looking at. Its been a while since I was into ICE and I have heard some crap at big money, many dealers willuse a lot of big money kit to cover inadequacies, but shopping around for the sound you want can pay big dividends price wise and could produce better sound.
Like here World Spirits Competition San Francisco outright winner, very nice but not at $2010 more, not that nice.
Cognac Extra-Aged/Vintage
at $3000 and runner up $90. Both double gold medal winners.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
haha naa, looks a little haphazard.
Ill upload some pics when i find were i put them :D
Rockford comp in Durban 2007

·
Registered
133 Posts
I want to add some thing to make the ice sound better
I want to keep the connect system but upgrade the speakers does anyone have the specs on the connect system and the speakers?
I think the false floor in the boot is screaming for a sub and an amp or 2

1 - 18 of 18 Posts