Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bless, it did look worse for wear, must have been no more than 3 weeks old, all side panels in a mess
and as my husband says, probably a nightmare to get fixed as its so new!! bet the owner is well p**sd...I would be.

Steph

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Yes - that would be painful

Irecalled the sick feeling when my 4 day old QASHQAI was rear ended causing 7K worth of damage. The car never felt the same after that -

I really do feel sorry for them

Fee x

·
Registered
754 Posts
and avoiding those that spend their time staring at your car rather than watching the road.

·
Registered
443 Posts
That's true so your are only allowed to drive them in the dark ,well at least until I have mine

·
Registered
873 Posts
On the A1 today nearly got hit by another car trying to change lanes into me... luckily there was noone in the lane to my right so I could avoid him!As I went past there was an old man driving, looking straight ahead, completely clueless of what he had done...

·
Registered
575 Posts
Ouch - what a nightmare. The waits have been so long that a written off car would mean another 5-6 months wait. Not sure I could take it

·
Registered
873 Posts
Well, no sooner do I comment on this thread than someone runs into the back of me on the way home today.

Bent the front of his car a bit and the numberplate is dangling off, but not found a scratch on the Juke yet. Only damage appeared to be the plastic trim underneath the bumper had bent inwards, popped it back out again without any trouble. Will get it looked at properly in case it broke anything behind it but it appears to have come off pretty well out of it.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
ooohhh - thats not good

Remember to take out all of the boxes and storage in the boot as you may have found it rumpled.

There was no obvious damage externally to my Qashqai but in the boot well - it was crumpled to bits...

i am so so so sorry for you - Hope they were insured... Daft numpty - driving too close...

Good luck - Although it has to be said cars can be repaired - people cant - just as long as you are ok

Fee x

·
Registered
873 Posts
It was fairly slow, I was stopped at a junction and the bloke behind pulled away while I was still there. I am taking it in to the garage tomorrow to get checked over, I will make sure I check in the boot, thanks!

·
Registered
873 Posts
Well, put in the insurance claim! There is a small bulge in the back panel inside the boot, but it is so small it could be an imperfection from manufacture to be honest. Mostly, the damage is the plastic trim underneath the bumper which is all cracked underneath, so that needs replacing, and then they will need to take the bumper off to have a good look underneath and make sure everything is ok. I've been driving it in the meantime as the bloke at the garage said it was perfectly safe & drivable still, just the plastic trim that is visibly damaged.

·
Registered
873 Posts
No, although I've had it for a month and a half now so the 'new' feeling isn't as strong as it was when I first got it! Still very annoying though :(

·
Registered
70 Posts
I am really sorry to hear aboutyour bump. I had the breakdown and new gearbox put inand know just how you are feeling. Its worrying how others drive. I'll see if I can find lots of cottonwool for you.

·
Registered
873 Posts
It's in the garage being repaired now, so got a Golf GT Sport as a curtosey car in the mean time.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts