Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up the Juke yesterday and the only thing I couldpull the salesmen on was the fact that it didn't have a Dig-T badge. He claims that Nissan (in-line with Mercedes etc) have done away with badgeson "performance" models forinsurance proposes. I feel thathe was pulling my leg, but can someone confirm this is nonsense?<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

·
Registered
175 Posts
Sounds nonsence to me.. I believe that they were not fitted at launch but should be now.. worth checking the last few numbers of the VIN to see if it's an old one.. either was I think you should go back to the dealer..
I have a diesel so can't confirm 100% but the above is from memory of this forum.. Sure some DIG-T owners will let you know..

·
Registered
78 Posts
Picked up mine at the beginning of Nov last year and the badge was fitted. I believe some earlier deliveries didn't have them. I wouldn't believe your salesman!

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
Not sure, but think I read eons ago on this forum that for those earlier models delivered without them, the dealer would be sent them to hand out.

Joy.........proud winner of a prestigious Juke keyring

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
I would say yet another case of salesman bulls***t doesn't know the answer and doesnt cars as he has had your money, as some have said early cars missed these but they are now fitted and were I beieve retro fitted free of charge.
Should also point out that Merc and BMW only delete the rear info on base models not specced up ones this is so people dont know you are a pauper not the other way round
and do you think the insurance company care if it has a badge or not they will still screw you if they can

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
well i plan to get a DIG-T and would be a little anoyed if it didnt have that badge ( i think, debaging seems to be popular now days)

However what you say "check the VIN" can you give some numbers so we know if we have a old one or a new one.
arnt there like 20 numbers or something. Do these have a date order or sequence that joe blog can understand?

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
I wouldn't bother with a badge if I were you. According to Country file, Badges are blamed for spreading T B and need culling.

Joy....Proud winner of a non TB spreading prestigious Juke keyring.
Edited by: JUKEOFYORK

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Its definitely fresh out of the factory, so, i believe it should have the badge based upon you're feedback.<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />
Infairness the salesmen was generally very good, but, I agree in this instance he was talking sh*t. I did call him out on it when he said it and he said he would look into it, so I’ll see what he comes back with.
Photos of the new Juke to follow.......complete with his Nissan family.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
I think I'll have a "bullSh*t Detector" app for when I pick up my Juke as it seems all cars sales persons can't help their selves.

·
Registered
175 Posts
You can't actually tell when the car was built from the VIN, but you can get an indication from the last 6 digits as they are built in sequence..
i.e if your last digits are 003506, then you car is about the 3,500th car off the line.. I think the sequence gets messed about by the mix of LHD and RHD cars but it would give you an idea..
I think about 60,000 have been produced in Sunderland since August, but no idea about the 4WD built in Japan..

Edited by: 5523_Juke

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
its the chassis number its written all over the car stamped on the body should have a plate under bonnet or in door shut and in UK its on the V5 too lazy to go look but it may also be in the screen

·
Registered
100 Posts
deks36 said:
its the chassis number its written all over the car stamped on the body should have a plate under bonnet or in door shut and in UK its on the V5 too lazy to go look but it may also be in the screen
I didnt ask where or what it is
,I have a u.s one and need the bit between the SJN and the 6 digits at the end so when I call Nissan UK they can look up some parts for me
Edited by: jooky

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
sorry my mistake thought you were trying to locate it as some people are unsure what and where it is

heres an extract from mine fcaf15u

only thing i would be mindful of is if like PSA they use a part of the chassis as engine code mine is a diesel

·
Registered
62 Posts
ive worked for merc in the past( last year ) they come with badges unless you tick the box that says you dont want a badge..
or you get the valeters to remove it

1 - 20 of 26 Posts