Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had the car for 2 weeks andIcan't beleive the back screen just shattered today in the heat when i was standing next to the car. Could this be a faul,t has anyone else had this problem?I wonder what the dealer will say tomorrow!

·
Registered
555 Posts
nasty !
By the looks of the picture it seems to arc around the glass - possible something to do with the rear heated screen filaments.Please keep us updated - hope it gets fixed real quick

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks the same has happened on the other side as well,i wondered if it was a weak point but will let you know

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Looks like a defect in the glass, hope you can get it sorted quickly

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
thats a worry I wonder if it is a design flaw or hopefully just a fault with glass or install as if its a design fault we could have this issue at some point

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
@mez thats what was worrying me, in the heat the glass and metal will expand at different rates
I would assume a manufacturer would have figured this in the process and used so form of expanadable bonding we hope

·
Registered
50 Posts
I hope Nissan takes care of this for you; and I'm saving this thread in case I should ever need it!!

·
Registered
484 Posts
</font>Hope this is a one-off.

</font>Or we could all be in for a cracking summer!
<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

</font>Good luck and keep us posted.

</font>

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Bet your using an Ipad hehe or Iphone.
Need to turn of something in settings to get that to work

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
spoke to nissan today regards to the screen and the manager said to call the rac and your insurance, that did not go down well so i went down there the result is i have left my car at the dealers they have given me another juke and i will find out tomorrow what is going to happen as they are not sure if its covered on the warranty as the manager said nissan wants to know any problems that happen with the juke i think i may have a battle on my hands with them

·
Registered
555 Posts
Well i know from first hand alot of environmental tests arecarriedout on all vehicles.They go into a chamber and test anything from -60up toand past 140. They try to replicate at the extremes and above to see what works / fails etc.
The profile of that break is strange to me on how it follows the profile of the outer framework / BIW.Its Almost like its followed the heater elements. So i looked at mine today and it sure does come close, especially in the radii.Anywaypush for an answer - try to get a written report / 8d from the warranty team, this should detail the possible root causes and fixes .ObviouslyyouDonthave the car to hand now but it would have been interesting to know if a fuse and blown too - some kind of short in the heating elements which went into meltdown.Did you use the rear heated screen?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hi the car was parked and i have not used the rear heater screen yet the sun was fully on the back screen and it was hot in the car but i am hoping i will find out today the cause the window sits on a little piece of rubber in that area 5mm thick by about 15mm in length but the glass exploded outwards

1 - 20 of 33 Posts