Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

need your help - I can not decide whether to buy a dCI or DiG-T ...
the cost of the car is similar, but some of the later costs vary considerably.

Here is a comparison DiG-T vs dCI:

1.6 DiG-Tpetrol £1.301.5 dCI diesel £1.33

TAX- £155TAX- £110
MPG - 31mpg MPG - 46mpg


10 000 mill per year cost is: (1gl.=4.55l.)

323 gl. 218 gl.
1470 l. 992 l.

£1911 £1319



I love the acceleration of the DiG-T but the cost dCI speaks on his side.

These data are from the Nissan can really be different - please help

Marius
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,319 Posts
I am not impressed with the consumption on my DCI mine has not reached 40 mpg yet that said I dont believe the DIG owners are getting claimed figures either.
based on insurance and tax I would still most likely choose the diesel
you could always go for the n/a petrol according to most owners they are getting 40 ish mpg
mind you will only have 5 gears.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
164 Posts
It really depends on your priority. I expect there will be any number of people saying go for the diesel because of the mpg, but for me there's no substitute for power and it would be the DiG-T all the way.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
605 Posts
Deffo the diesel. Accept 6 gears and nothing less plenty of forum users with petrol have said it needs the extra gear. Is the need to accelerate from standing a fraction of a second quicker really worth all the negatives?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
164 Posts
flynn said:
Deffo the diesel. Accept 6 gears and nothing less plenty of forum users with petrol have said it needs the extra gear.
The DiG-T has six gears - only the N/A petrol has five.

flynn said:
Is the need to accelerate from standing a fraction of a second quicker really worth all the negatives?
I reckon so, yes.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
309 Posts
the insurance of the DIG-T is surprisingly low and the power is fantastic...I get around 30mpg
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
154 Posts
the smile factor on the DIG-T is worth the money..would love to drive a DCI to compare..any owners in essex let me know when you passing Romford to give me the chance.
DIG currently giving 30 mpg ,rising fuel costs may be an influence to you,drive both and make a choice,sure either way you'll be happy.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
38 Posts
Service intervals are also different

DIG-T 12,500 miles
DCI-18,000 miles

Going from a 172 Clio it had to be the DIG-T for me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
443 Posts
The 5 speeds for short hop town drivers only..unless you don't mind a hi reving engine. It's not intrusive but with the needle at 4 k at 80 mph its a bit high.The turbo petrol is allot quicker than the diesel and na petrol.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,309 Posts
He's never in the car - he's always on here causing trouble!!!!!

You know I think you are wonderful ****....... cough, splutter!!!!

Fee x
Edited by: feefeeglasgow
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,319 Posts
feefeeglasgow said:
He's never in the car - he's always on here causing trouble!!!!!

You know I think you are wonderful ****....... cough, splutter!!!!

Fee x
that must have been tough to make that statement fee who's holding the gun to your head
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
113 Posts
I am getting 48mpg from my DCi, and I've only done 700 miles. I have only ever driven diesels so I don't know if that has something to do with it.

I am driving in Normal mode, not tried Eco yet.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,638 Posts
deks36 said:
feefeeglasgow said:
He's never in the car - he's always on here causing trouble!!!!!

You know I think you are wonderful ****....... cough, splutter!!!!

Fee x
that must have been tough to make that statement fee who's holding the gun to your head
You know it................
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top