Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
Finally found some time to get registered, looking forward to sharing info on the Juke.

Up in North East of Scotland in Elgin (I think there is someone else from Elgin on here too), with a new job and daily commute to Inverness, around 70miles in total. We have a Rav 2.2D and I did have a Impreza WRX and an old 1999 3 door Rav4 2.0 petrol (loved it) but it couldnt stay for the new job, hence the Juke. Nice small engine, good ground clearance, okay it has small boot but for me commuting, suits me fine and Ive always got the Rav4 to fall back onfor load lugging.

Ordered the Juke a month ago and picked it up 2 weeks ago, 1.5dci, force red, Accenta Premium with Protection and Urban Pack fitted too. Have got the aluminium roof bars (not fitted them yet) and DTUK CRD-T tuning box should arrive this weekend.

The car itself, good size, good drive on the road, upto 48-50mpg already. I seem to be lucky and dont have any paint rubbing issues at the front wing / bumper join.

Would say only 'nag' I have is the turbo lag coming off junctions / roundabouts but im hoping tuning box will remedy that (its one of the newer (stage 2) ones that connects to boost and fuel pressure sensors).

To do, I need an armrest asap, used to one in the Rav4 and just feels very "open" without one, I think its John @ Holdcroft I need to contact to sort me out there?
Also, anyone fitted the bug shield / bonnet guard yet?

Edited by: SmilerAS

·
Registered
326 Posts
hi and welcome to the madhouse .just fitted the the bug shield / bonnet guard myself no prob took about 10 mins looks good. Edited by: snowman

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, thank you.
At least I know that the bug guard is available, ive heard some of the Juke accessories are delayed for one reason or another. Ive contacted John @ Holdcroft so hopefully be ordered up asap.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Woo Hoo,

To collect tuning box from local delivery depot on way home tonight.
Hopefully a more enjoyable ride with less turbo lag tomorrow if all goes well.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, plugged in the tuning box last night (fitted in under ten mins, including opening the packaging),
4 maps to coose from (you get a sheet telling you each setup), stuck with 1st map, out for a drive, immediately noticed a difference, in gear pull was instant and held longer too, although lag low down still there, torque actually appeared a bit too quick on take off, with wheel spin.
Looking at the graphs provided, went on to map 3 which had an early / low down adjustment but built up more gradually, after a 40mile trip this morning, low down lag reduced, builds up more power but still in a controllable manner and pulls very well.
Definetly reccomend the unit.Edited by: SmilerAS

·
Registered
162 Posts
Oooh! Nice to hear from someone who's prepared to experiment on a brand new car. I'd be scared of voiding my warranty or something.

Welcome to the forums.

Ouch!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeh, im alright with the risk factor, its company lease car and ive seen the way some of the other employees treat their cars with no respect at all.
Have got a similar unit in my Rav4 and for last couple of years, just unplug for service then back in again when I collect it. Impreza too was mapped rather than box.
The unit can be removed in under a minute on the Juke, the connection pointsare literally staring you in the face when you open the bonnet and the unit cabling matches OEM cabling etc.Edited by: SmilerAS

·
Registered
78 Posts
SmilerAS said:
Yeh, im alright with the risk factor, its company lease car and ive seen the way some of the other employees treat their cars with no respect at all.

Think this shows little respect from you to be honest. I doubt the lease company know that their car is not running to manufacturers standards, I doubt your insurance know that the car has a modification and the fact that you feel the need to remove it at service suggest to me that you know it shouldn't be there.

·
Registered
912 Posts
datsundealer said:
SmilerAS said:

Think this shows little respect from you to be honest. I doubt the lease company know that their car is not running to manufacturers standards, I doubt your insurance know that the car has a modification and the fact that you feel the need to remove it at service suggest to me that you know it shouldn't be there.

I agree. I can't understand why you would want to try and get a bit more umph out of your car when officially it is not your own car. I could just imagine what Motability would have to say, if I did the same to the Juke we are having. Most likely invalidatemy wifesentitlement to a Motability car!Edited by: Geoff_Juke

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
SmilerAS said:
Well, plugged in the tuning box last night (fitted in under ten mins, including opening the packaging),
4 maps to coose from (you get a sheet telling you each setup), stuck with 1st map, out for a drive, immediately noticed a difference, in gear pull was instant and held longer too, although lag low down still there, torque actually appeared a bit too quick on take off, with wheel spin.
Looking at the graphs provided, went on to map 3 which had an early / low down adjustment but built up more gradually, after a 40mile trip this morning, low down lag reduced, builds up more power but still in a controllable manner and pulls very well.
Definetly reccomend the unit.
welcome smilerAS,great part of the country to live in,but any chance of explaining this in english for a old doderer

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
SmilerAS said:
Have got a similar unit in my Rav4 and for last couple of years, just unplug for service then back in again when I collect it. Impreza too was mapped rather than box.
The unit can be removed in under a minute on the Juke, the connection pointsare literally staring you in the face when you open the bonnet and the unit cabling matches OEM cabling etc.
no,still not a clue what you are talking about,

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
I agree with Datsundealer. You should notify your insurance company. Anything else is inconsiderate and a case of *uck everybody else, I'm alright jack.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts