Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

Automatic Locking

8K views 17 replies 13 participants last post by  5523_Juke 
#1 ·
I have my Juke on Order but, Never thought ask if it has an auto lock option(personal safety thing) I have it configured on my current car ... I noticed the Petrol Premium I test drove didn't lock itself as I pulled away but did have button to lock all the doors..

Anybody know if it's configurable ??

#7 ·
beachhuggy said:
Its in the manual, just a case of holding locking button down for a few seconds while ignition is in aux position... Had to tell our dealer as he said it couldnt be done!
Thought I read through the whole manual but clearly I must have missed that!

The car lets you know you've changed the setting by flashing the hazard lights. For those with the keyless ignition you push the start button twice to turn the car into aux mode (so that the ICON lights up) then hold the lock key.

The doors will then lock as soon as you start the engine!

Thanks for the tip beachhuggy! :D

#16 ·
Did you also know that you can change the doors that are locked / unlocked when pressing the button on the key ? - It's an "anti-hijack" feature (e.g. when stoped at traffic lights, it's useful to stop someone opening the passenger door and getting in/stealing you hand bag from the passensger seat - if you're a lady that puts it there!)
You can set it open all doors at once (as it should have been set from new) to only opening the drivers door with one press, then the other doors with a second press..

It'e explained in the quick refernece guide as follows:

Door Unlock Modes
Two different unlock modes can be selected:

• Selective Door Unlock mode – Only the driver’s door will initially unlock
after pressing the black button on the driver's door handle.
All doors will be unlocked after pressing the black button on the door
handle or the button on the key fob once more.

• Convenience mode – All doors will be unlocked with a single press of the
black button on the door handle or the button on the key fob.
As default, the unlock mode is set to “Convenience mode”.
Please refer to your vehicle’s Owner’s Manual for details on switching between
the two unlock modes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.