Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have changed over to the auto door lock setting

Can anyone clarify or know if this is only activated if the car is in motion\in gear.

Currently leaving door slightly ajar while I open garage door , but sometimes a problem when windy or raining

Await your findings people

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
try it at home while you have the spare key present, although I am certain it only activates once in motion at around 6mph I believe

·
Registered
120 Posts
Mine only kicks in when i'm in motion (as above about 6mph) - its never activated at any other time and I often leave it running when i'm switching the cars round on the drive.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Anyone worked out how to get the backdoors to also autolock / unlock ?

Right now on my Juke the front doors autolock once you get to a few mph and do not unlock again until either the engine is turned off or you unlock them using the switch on the door, stopping people accidently trying to get out while the car maybe moving very slowly. However the backdoors where the kid sits... doesnt autolock so when we pull onto the drive way hes opening his door adn often trying to get out before the car has fully stopped which plain pisses me off.

Hes too old for the use of child locks but unless I can figure out a way to cause the backdoors to act like the front doors do I think I will have to use them

·
Registered
873 Posts
I don't think the lock affects any doors... they only lock for access from the outside. Anyone can open an inside door and it will unlock.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
personally I would put the child locks on, on the back doors stops them opening them full stop

·
Registered
56 Posts
Stormrider said:
I don't think the lock affects any doors... they only lock for access from the outside. Anyone can open an inside door and it will unlock.
Interesting. Maybe its just a US thing. But for absolute sure. I can not open my drivers side door or the front passenger door when the engine is running without pressing the unlock button on the door. That is not the case with the backdoors though. They quite happily will open when the engine is on, even with the moving. Seems a very very silly design or feature if you ask me.

Guess the 9y/o will have to accept child locks are in place and he can never open his door himself from the inside

·
Registered
104 Posts
Hi All - just wondering, how do you turn the auto lock on? I just press the lock button on the door now when I get in.

·
Registered
62 Posts
SkvanD said:
Stormrider said:
Interesting. Maybe its just a US thing. But for absolute sure. I can not open my drivers side door or the front passenger door when the engine is running without pressing the unlock button on the door. That is not the case with the backdoors though. They quite happily will open when the engine is on, even with the moving. Seems a very very silly design or feature if you ask me.

Guess the 9y/o will have to accept child locks are in place and he can never open his door himself from the inside
The autolock feature is to stop people outside getting into your car. Not the other way around. Its to stop things like car jackings etc.
All doors open from the inside when the lock sign is lit up on the dash unless you activate your child locks on the rear doors. This will stop the rear doors from being opened from the inside.Child lock's are located on the inside edge of the rears doors.
Hope this clears things up!

·
Registered
873 Posts
mynewjuke said:
Hi All - just wondering, how do you turn the auto lock on? I just press the lock button on the door now when I get in.
I think it's something like... turn the ignition to ACC then hold the lock button down for a few seconds (maybe 6?). Can't remember exactly now!

·
Registered
49 Posts
You put the ignition to acc hold the lock button to lock for 5 secs and the indicators will flash twice when activated as I had the same problem as the manual isnt that clear on how to set thisEdited by: leel

·
Registered
104 Posts
Great, thanks guys, will give it a try when I get home!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Just tried this and I don't think it worked. Put the ignition to 'ACC', pressed down the lock button (doors locked, dash light came on), held it down...and nothing.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Took me several attempts to get it to work, and I'm not really sure what I was doing wrong on the times it didn't. I tried the lock button on the key as well as the door, tried getting to ACC from completely off, and from engine running, all sorts. Afraid I can't remember what combination of things I did to finally get it to work! Might have even tried it in ON position instead of ACC as well.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Stormrider said:
Might have even tried it in ON position instead of ACC as well.
And therein lies the secret! Turn to ignition on position, hold down lock button, after a few seconds the indicators flash - done!

·
Registered
540 Posts
Skvad - not having a Juke yet, I couldn't confirm for you but, sounds like you have a problem with yours. Surely all doors should either lock or unlock the same way. The only difference may be the drivers door.I would have the system checked if there is nothing in your owners manual to tell you.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts