Nissan Juke Owners Club banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a way of disabling the auto-dim function for the instrument panel, sat-nav, etc. as soon as you turn the sidelights on?
I was driving today and it wasn't dark, yet it was sufficiently foggy to turn on the lights. This instantly rendered the sat-nav impossible to consult and I had to rely on voice instruction.
The auto-dimming is fine when it's dark outside but not during daytime overcast conditions.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Go into satnav setup /display options-

There are 2 options which you need - 1 is for 4 different levels of screen brightness.
2nd is for whether the satnav dims or not. (daytime,nightime and automatic options).

I know what you mean - the satnav is very dim during the daytime when in auto mode with lights on! Only issue is, if you put it in daytime mode to force brightness, when you drive at night the satnav dazzles you, so you have to change it back to auto/nightmode again - bit of a pain really...

Really easy, 2 minute job.

andyEdited by: andytran

·
Registered
101 Posts
Can you not just use the sun / moon symbols from the top left of the nissan connect unit to change the brighness there and then !

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
martinhold said:
Can you not just use the sun / moon symbols from the top left of the nissan connect unit to change the brighness there and then !
You're right. Now having had the time to study it, it works as you say.

It was the first time I'd used it with lights on during a daytime journey and it's one of a number of things that weren't explained to me when I took delivery (how the whole car works, basically). You know how it is when you're on the road: you don't like taking your eyes off it for a split-second, let alone start fiddling with the sat-nav.

·
Registered
37 Posts
You need a teenager in the front seat ...... then you (and the salesman)would know about every switch by the end of the test drive !

1 - 6 of 6 Posts