Nissan Juke Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
He guys/galls Was playing music through USB and all of a sudden the screen went blank and a high pitch noise is now constantly heard. None of the buttons will work. Any ideas? Juke Sport without the satnav.

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
Sounds like the new Adele album.

Seriously,though. If you've another usb stick or mp3 player then try them. Also, try the device with your computer. It's more likely to be the device you're using than the head unit.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How ironic that the missus was listening to a Cheryl Cole song when it happened. I thought the high pitch screech was her hitting the high notes.
The files on USB don't seem to be a problem. None of the power, volume buttons work and when you press source button the horn sounds!! I suspect a trip to the dealer is in order. Many thanks for your help.

·
Registered
80 Posts
disconnect your radio for 2 hours. (or more)
the easy way is to disconnect the battery wiring.

this works like a full reset.
thenit will work like it use to do.

sorry for my english.. dutch guy.

regards, Arno

·
Registered
27 Posts
My radio just died. I have also recently been using a USB stick loaded with tracks (no cheryl cole!) and all was well until Monday morning when i got in to drive to work and there was no power to the unit. The USB stick seems fine in a computer.

Im taking it to the dealers on Sat morning.

·
Registered
416 Posts
itsnojuke said:
How ironic that the missus was listening to a Cheryl Cole song when it happened. I thought the high pitch screech was her hitting the high notes.
The files on USB don't seem to be a problem. None of the power, volume buttons work and when you press source button the horn sounds!! I suspect a trip to the dealer is in order. Many thanks for your help. 
Hey don't pick on Cheryl, she's my hero

·
Registered
27 Posts
Well, what a waste of time that was!
Took Juke to the dealers, sat for 40 minutes only to be told that the 'Master Technician' isnt in today!! (why did they book it in?!)

They will explain the problem to him on Monday and either order a new radio or come out to have a look!

Knew i should have stuck to Honda!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Still no radio here!
Dealer picked up the car on Tuesday, brought it back at 4:30 (even though i told them it had to be back before 4!), and said that the computer had flagged two faults that they didnt understand, so will speak direct to Nissan!

Dont know if they will contact me or if i need to keep pestering until something is done!

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
beermatt said:
Still no radio here!
Dealer picked up the car on Tuesday, brought it back at 4:30 (even though i told them it had to be back before 4!), and said that the computer had flagged two faults that they didnt understand, so will speak direct to Nissan!

Dont know if they will contact me or if i need to keep pestering until something is done!

You would think rather than try to repair, that they would try to replace the entire headunit?
Perhaps its a wiring issue though - that would be a complete pain too..

Hope you do get this sorted out - what a nuisance but keep us posted on how things go???

Fee x

·
Registered
27 Posts
feefeeglasgow said:
beermatt said:
Still no radio here!

You would think rather than try to repair, that they would try to replace the entire headunit?
Perhaps its a wiring issue though - that would be a complete pain too..

Hope you do get this sorted out - what a nuisance but keep us posted on how things go???

Fee x
The thing that bugs me more than having no radio is the lack of communication from the dealer.
I hate being told theyll call and then nothing so i have to keep ringing them!

I called the service manager on Thurs. He said Nissan wont let them just change the headunit as they need to investigate why it has failed. He said they would have to take it back in (for the 3rd time) to check all the wiring!! He was supposed to be calling me Fri to arrange but he never called!!!

Matt.

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
That's terrible treatment, why should you be inconvenienced. Send a message to the Nissan peeps through the thread on this forum explaining whats happened to date. They may be able to do something.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Quick update - i contacted Nissan who are now involved! My Juke went into the dealer last Wednesday, and is still there!!! Im driving a courtesy Nissan Pixo at the mo. Heard nothing from the dealer but Nissan called on Thursday to say the problem had been diagnosed and i need a new radio!! No surprise there.

Called the dealer today who were going to call back, but guess what? They didnt!!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Still no radio here! Got Juke back as it seemed pointless to be driving a courtesy car whilst nothing is happening with mine.

Main Nissan said that the dealer is waiting on warranty approval (its a new car, whats there to approve!). So radio hasnt even been ordered yet !!!!

Main Nissan were supposed to be calling me yesterday but just like the dealer, they didnt !!

·
Registered
126 Posts
that's just crap, in a time when car sales are down, it's never been more important to get the basic right
I'm not sure how long you have had the car but I'd start sabre rattling about rejecting it
Sean
Edited by: beltanedeath

·
Registered
27 Posts
Still havnt heard anything from either dealer or main Nissan!
Who do i complain to next?! Watchdog?!

Oh and just to add insult to injury i noticed at the weekend that the garage has damaged the platic below the aircon controls when trying to get the radio out !!!

Edited by: beermatt

1 - 20 of 32 Posts