Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the Juke has 900 miles on it now and we've just noticed a rattle coming from inside the dash, we've cleared the car out so its not something we've left in, we've held all the panels on the dash down and its definitely not coming from them either so we're left with thinking its inside the dash. I'm reluctant to send it to the dealer to fix as its a bit silly booking it in for 1 dashboard rattle, plus the likely hood is they'll introduce more rattles!

So my question is, anybody have any clues what it could be!? only seems to happen at a certain rpm and not related to speed/road surface.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
aah ha thats what happens when you get an early car before the assmebly line has worked how to build them properly

just kidding you are right though the dealer is likely to give you more rattles than they cure
thats going to be a hard one to track down and resolve lots of wife driving while you track it down i fear
as i am not in your car is it possible rattle is under bonnet and transmits into the car giving you the impression its dash also is there a pollen filter on it they may be loose?

·
Registered
219 Posts
I found this on the American site, rattle fix. One of the technical memo's. Have to subscribe for full information.

<UL =disc>
<LI style="LINE-HEIGHT: 20.4pt; MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 10pt; COLOR: black; mso-themecolor: text1; mso-margin-top-alt: auto; mso-margin-bottom-alt: auto; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list 36.0pt" =Msonormal>IF YOU CONFIRM An intermittent 'ticking' noise coming from the lower area of the windshield where the cowl top cover touches/contacts the windshield, ACTIONS 1. Remove the cowl top cover. 2. Thoroughly clean the mating areas between the cowl top cover and the windshield (remove all dirt, sand, and debris). 3. Apply 4 strips of felt cloth tape - 2 on each end of the cowl top cover. - See Service Procedure for felt tape locations. - Use tape listed in the Parts Information. 4. Reinstall the cowltop cover. See this bulletin for further detail.<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /></LI>[/list]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts