Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

Are we supposed to wave?!

9K views 74 replies 34 participants last post by  SUSANA 
#1 ·
I got my 1.5Acenta Sport(Haptic Blue) on Friday and I've only seen one other Juke since getting it. I was driving into Hexham (Northumberland) and saw a white Juke coming the opposite way. I wasn't expecting them to wave at me, but I waved back anyway.
Anyone else experienced the friendliness of other Juke drivers yet?

I've only seen one other Haptic Blue Juke (petrol)in Newcastle and apart from 2 people I know that work for Nissan (and the 2 i've mentioned in this post), I've not seen any other Jukes. I'm guessing there'll be loads of them in the New Year?

#4 ·
When I had my Beetle when they first came out (new ones I mean!), I used to wave at other Beetle drivers - most would wave back. Actually sometimes kids would wave from the side of the road!!I once waved at a new Beetle that was painted like Herbie (with the racing stripes and "53" painted on it). The guy must have thought I was a nutter - I'd forgot I was in a Mondeo hire car at the time!!!

#9 ·
When we had Smart Cars (fortwo's and roadsters) we waved at other Smart owners all of the time, unless they were in Smart forfour which didn't count. It was appropriate because we had chosen a "different" sort of car, I think the same applies here? When mine turns up tomorrow (are you reading this"dealer, you know who you are
?), I shall be doing the same. Unless of course someone orgainises a Juke Owners Club meeting, then it just get silly!

#12 ·
I dunno really, I drive from Watford to Wembley for work and Londoners (outskirts)are an unfriendly bunch, so don't think I'd be comfortable waving!

Have only seen the lovely juke twice and one was driven by a surly miserable looking young lady - def. wouldn't have waved at her!

The thing is that we're all happy and friendly on this forum, but we're a small minority of Juke owners (or waiting to be), so I just feel that I wouldn't assume all Juke owners will be sweet and friendly like us :)

#13 ·
Bibi said:
I dunno really, I drive from Watford to Wembley for work and Londoners (outskirts)are an unfriendly bunch, so don't think I'd be comfortable waving!

Have only seen the lovely juke twice and one was driven by a surly miserable looking young lady - def. wouldn't have waved at her!

The thing is that we're all happy and friendly on this forum, but we're a small minority of Juke owners (or waiting to be), so I just feel that I wouldn't assume all Juke owners will be sweet and friendly like us :)
Hope you are not talking about me!
I'll happy wave and I'm often found south of Watford.

#14 ·
silverjuke said:
Bibi said:

oops always a risk, sure it was not you silver its clear from your posts you are a lovely friendly person
bet you wont stop looking for that other juke when your out and about though hehe

#21 ·
silverjuke said:
Bibi said:

LOL, no not you silverjuke, this one was white!

#24 ·
Bibi said:

Today I saw another white Juke driving towards Watford, so that must have been the "miserable looking lady" you saw.
I would have tried waving at her, but I was a passenger in another car, so that would have been confusing for her.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.