Nissan Juke Owners Club banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Someone please tell me, does the 4x4 Juke actually exsist? Would love to hear from someone who has actually got theres. My new delivery date is supposed to be sometime in December (ordered Nov2010) but im scared that come Dec they'll just give me another date. Getting rather bored of the Micra now!

·
Registered
912 Posts
You have to remember that all the 4x4 Jukes are manufactured in Japan and not here in the UK, like the 2 wheel drive models. These 4x4 Jukeswill bemade for the whole world market, so the whole of Europe including the Scandinavian countries, Asia, South America,USA & Canada, have to be supplied.These are probably made in batches for each country and then shipped out when a given quota is ready. Shipments will be coordinated to sailon certain dates to various countries. Sofor Europe/UK, may only get two shipments a year. and so on. This is probably why the waiting times for the 4x4 Jukes take longer.

Maybe Japan produce the 2 wheel drive models as well, for their own home market and for other far eastern countries.

Not sure what the arrangements are for the 2 wheel drive Jukes for the USA/Canada and the rest of Europe. Are these built in Sunderland, or do Nissan have plants in Europe and the USA to build them for their markets? It must seem so, as I don't think Nissan UK could supply the whole world market from just one car plant, withevery 2 wheel drive model. The USA / European spec is different from the UK models as well as being left hand drive, they have a sun roof option on most models.

Maybe someone from Nissan could shed some light on this?Edited by: Geoff_Juke

·
Registered
452 Posts
KatJuke, yes they actually exist (allegedly, ha-ha!!) because mine is due to the dealers tomorrow, Thursday 18 August. Ordered October 8, 2010.I am sure Geoff_Juke is correct, because people on the USA forum are taking delivery of their 4 x 4´s now!!Also, some people in the UK have now got theirs, I believe.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
the wait for 4x4 is because it is only made in Japan and recent events added to its success has mean't increased waits all european and Uk 2wd JUkes are made at Sunderland the rest of the world is served by Japan

·
Registered
78 Posts
Some of you will be aware already, but if you're not, Nissan will begin production of the 4wd in Sunderland in October. This will speed up waiting times considerably. Also great to say that all models are built in the UK.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
datsundealer said:
Some of you will be aware already, but if you're not, Nissan will begin production of the 4wd in Sunderland in October. This will speed up waiting times considerably. Also great to say that all models are built in the UK.
Had heard this a while ago but was waiting to see production start before commenting on it

·
Registered
912 Posts
datsundealer said:

I honestly think that the Juke is now beginning to appeal to a lotmore people, than it did during its early days and I think that it will become as popular as theQashqua, if not more, during the next twelve months. Nissan are on to a winner here and I think that other manufacturers will start to take note. The age of the small crossover is upon us and soon the boring small family hatch will slowly dissolve away.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys, feel better now. I shall just continue with my Juke envy everytime i pass one! Great to here they will be built in the UK too, i want a uk one now though!

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
KatJuke said:
Thanks guys, feel better now. I shall just continue with my Juke envy everytime i pass one! Great to here they will be built in the UK too, i want a uk one now though!
You stand every chance of that given they start making them in Oct and your delivery is November
this may in part be why deliveries are being put back although that is jusr my opinion and not fact

·
Registered
377 Posts
Hey KatJuke, Are you in the UK? As your info doesnt state any location?If so, although there are supply problems & issues due to them being made in Japan I think that is a very long time to wait. Wehad ours in April this year & ordered late October 2010, so it does seem a long delivery time when you could have ordered only a couple of weeks after us. Also Im pretty sure there has been another delivery of 4x4's in the UK recently as other forum members on here have commented on getting theirs. Hope this helps in some way, but I can assure you, its well worth the wait.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Pilgrim said:
KatJuke, yes they actually exist (allegedly, ha-ha!!) because mine is due to the dealers tomorrow, Thursday 18 August. Ordered October 8, 2010.I am sure Geoff_Juke is correct, because people on the USA forum are taking delivery of their 4 x 4´s now!!Also, some people in the UK have now got theirs, I believe.
Pilgrim, that is fantastic news, it feels like you have waited forever, I hope youve had it today & are loving every second!

·
Registered
452 Posts
Thank you sallyspud!However, I still have to wait a while because I have also ordered some goodies to be installed. Plus here in Spain, they call theregistration of a new vehicle "Matriculacion", which can sometimes take a few days.I shall maybe sneak over there anyway, just to have a viewing on Friday.Now where are those sleeping tablets for Thursday night??

·
Registered
415 Posts
Yes they do reach our shores. Took delivery 11th August ordered 26th January. Big smiles from the wife and I. We were expecting to wait this amount of time, when first researched the Juke AWD, two dealerships gave these approx dates. We were told that due to the Japan disaster September was suggested but that got revised.
Our only gripe is still cannot play music from USB, but the albums show on the Connect. going to the dealer for help. Tried all sggestions from forum and the family who are mor IT than I.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hey Sallyspud, yes im in the UK and im sure that is partly the problem. A little call to my dealer might be an idea judging by some of your comments. They may need reminding of my excistance anyhow.

·
Registered
540 Posts
KatJuke - chase them, ours was ordered January and delivered July after being revised to September.

Chase them or try to see if another dealer has one and put the pressure on by saying you will go there. What can they do???

1 - 15 of 15 Posts