Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If so what is the tyre size on your space saver please?

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
nice one deks, you think i'd get away with a 125/90R16?, tried it on the tyre calc and its says it 2.67% bigger they recommend no more than chaging by 2.5%
p.s what colour are the space savers?

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
how many times, do I have to explain this, this is the size of the spare supplied by NISSAN it has the same rolling surface, as it has a 90 profile where as the 17" on the car is a 55 profile,
have you ever seen or tried to purchase a skinny spare with the same low profile as your car? they dont exist, hence why they are usually smaller rims if you read the tech spec in you booklet or in the original brochures it clearly states the size of the spares in it

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
theguru said:
nice one deks, you think i'd get away with a 125/90R16?, tried it on the tyre calc and its says it 2.67% bigger they recommend no more than chaging by 2.5%
p.s what colour are the space savers?
I honestly have no clue as to if it is a suitable width mine is a 145 as mine came from a QQ but Nissan parts man told me it was fine I would assume yours will be ok, would I use it? yes its only got to get to the garage colour of rim mine is black
90 profile is height so its the same 125 is width so its thiner than Nissan say i presume the calc is saying its .17 more in height but this is as Nissan recommend.
if you are searching the net i found mine on ebay searched QQ wheel £50 delivered and its brand new
Only issue i had was getting the thing to fit in the hole with the tray above it which i had to modify slightly by cutting the bottom lugs off it but try first in case yours is different
hope thats been of help

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
deks36 said:
how many times, do I have to explain this, this is the size of the spare supplied by NISSAN it has the same rolling surface, as it has a 90 profile where as the 17" on the car is a 55 profile,
have you ever seen or tried to purchase a skinny spare with the same low profile as your car? they dont exist, hence why they are usually smaller rims if you read the tech spec in you booklet or in the original brochures it clearly states the size of the spares in it
haha steady deks your gonna blow lol

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm surprised at your question. All 4WD versionsare suppliedwith a proper spare wheel as standard. The torque vectoring system would not work with a space saver tyre.

·
Registered
873 Posts
deks36 said:
I don't know much about tyres, so perhaps you could explain it in simple terms?

·
Registered
443 Posts
Ok on the side wall the size is expressed as : width. 215 =215 mm.
Then its hight is expressed in a percentage of that width. On JUKE sport pack its 55% of 215 mm.118.25mm.
You then oddly in inches ,have the diameter of the wheel it mounts to ie 17" Edited by: Juke-of-earl

·
Registered
65 Posts
Iolatut is quite correct. The AWD comes with a full sized exact same size spare. It has to otherwise the car would become dangerous.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
lolatut roger not according to Nissan it doesn't according to their info it is supplied with a space saver
I dont have one so cannot say for certain but brochure clearly states DIG-T 4WD spare as 135/90x16
When I first looked into 4wd i was told it would be full size but every reference i have found relate to space saver perhaps this could be clarified by a 4wd owner or infact a dealer with demo
stormrider I will try
the profile of the tyre (depth) is measured by the second numbers after the width
so 215/55 would be 215mm wide depth 55 so
incase of the spare as it has a 90 depth to give it the same rolling distance as the allors and tyres fitted to the car it needs to be 1" smaller rim
hope that explains it if not I 'll to answer what you are not sure of
it confuses me as well
another point to consider also if you increase the size of a wheel on your car to keep readings accurate you have to drop the profile
so if you want to fit 18" rims to your car you need a lower profile tyre like a 45 or 50 not certain which but a tyre place would also suggest correct fitments

Edited by: deks36

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
just confirm i have been on the website according to brochure the 4wd car comes with a 135/90x16 spare as standard al other models have the option to add it

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
see you learn something new every day, I never knew that the profile was a % of the width
thank you Juke of earl

·
Registered
56 Posts
Im a AWD owner, but here in the states where the spare comes standard ...and its a space saver tire. Manual says 'Do not use AWD mode while spare tire is fitted' or words to that effect. In other words, if you need to use the crap spare only use normal 2WD mode

·
Registered
43 Posts
Not true, SkvanD. I'm from the states (midwest) and have an AWD SV model Juke. It came with the aforementioned 135/90 R16full sized spare. Could this be a regional phenomenon?

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
a 135.90r16 isnt a full size spare this is the size of the space saver a full size spare will have a 215/55 r17 on it

1 - 18 of 18 Posts