Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have ordered a Juke Acenta Sport 1.5dCi which I should get on Dec14th. I took a 1.6 petrol for a test drive an really liked it!! However, when I have looked on the net for reviews of the Juke, some of the auto press don't rate the diesel version, saying it is noisey and a bit slow? Has anyone got a Juke diesel and how do you rate it??

·
Registered
146 Posts
Am waiting for the diesel too ..i also had a test drive in the 1.6 petrol and liked it until i got on the mway and put my foot down, i went to change up a gear and found i was already in 5th..am hoping the extra gear on the diesel will make a difference.

·
Registered
659 Posts
I don't get mine until next week but it's the exact same engine as the Clio I had years ago. Except with a 6-speed box. And that was a very willing engine.
As always with these diesels (I have a Polo at the moment that has a very similar engine) you'll find the torque gives it great acceleration in low gear. You can really take off from standing. Not so responsive at higher speeds. So overtaking whilst going at 40 on a single-track isn't quite as viable.
You pays your money...

·
Registered
575 Posts
I think Fee has had the same engine on the Qashqai and said it was OK?

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Hiya All

Yep, I had a 1.5 Dci Qashqai with exactly the same engine and was really pleased with the power from it. I really do feel the lighter weight of the JUKE will make it even better.
Fee x

Oh and another thing - the 6th gear really does make a helluva difference. I feel the 1.6 engine (on the Qashqai anyway, screams at anything above 55 MPH and desperately feels if it needs a 6th gear.Edited by: feefeeglasgow

·
Registered
206 Posts
I have the qq 1.5dci just now (my first diesel) and its been absolutely fine.

·
Registered
484 Posts
My better half has a 1.5 dCI QQ (pre dpf) .It won't win any drag races but once moving keeps up with traffic no problem. It's a competent,reliable cruiser.

·
Registered
575 Posts
I'm guessing simps has ordered the DIG-T?

·
Registered
56 Posts
this is the exact same diesel unit as the qq, a renualt unit built in france and shipped over, bear in mind the juke weighs less than the qq so must be a bit better.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I have ordered mine, and still have to wait ... either Dec or Feb.

I did read quite some reviews on the diesel, and decided that not take any notice so much, as after all it's a personal opinion of the individual having tested it, since some favour it and some don't.

........ We all have different tastes and opinions on everything and anything, so what the heck !!

·
Registered
377 Posts
Hubby has2l diesel qq 09plate & it moves! You can feel the pull when you move & it responds instantly. If youre coming up behind traffic you hit the gas & youre gone, no hesitation or winding up of the rubber band like my old Xtrail! Its fun. It has 6 gears & yep it benefits from them although I feel the ratio a bit different from a 5 speed, changing wise.

He had a TT before it, so it has to be good to keep him happy!
Edited by: sallyspud

·
Registered
22 Posts
My Dealership's Demonstrator Car has arrived, as was very impressed with the amount of power it has over the Qashqai 1.5 DCI engine. Its obviously lighter and feels like there is alot more torque avaliable! Very Impressed!

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Hiya

That is good news and a bit of a relief to be honest. Had hoped the lighter weight would make the power a bit better.

i loved the 1.5 Dci engine in the QQ - roll on Wednesday

Fee x

1 - 16 of 16 Posts