Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just gauging the general feel for car forum local meets.
I'm changing from A Skoda VRS to a juke DIG-T hopefully in 5 weeks.
I've been an active member on a site called BRISKODA and have been involved in a few meet ups over the years,which are very funny normally..especially the look on peoples faces when a row of cars all the same drive off.
I hope into next year when enough locals get signed on this site..a quick meet would be an option.
whats the thoughts on this...........i'm in essex by the way

·
Registered
367 Posts
I think it would be great we used to own a mini and done the trip to the factory at Oxford that was a brilliant day.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
The Qashqai CLub has been up and running for 3 years and only recently had their first full blown meet recently..

Seems though that the sheer size of the country means that there'll always be loads of people who cant attend and feel left out.

ALthough if one could be organised in Scotland I would certainly be up for it

Fee x

·
Registered
39 Posts
When I had a Smart car (fortwo's and roadsters) I did the smartclub London to Brighton a few times, that was really fun, but a nightmare to organise (I would imagine!). The first one I did was the best, Alexandra Palace to Brighton Marine Parade, it took five hours as there was a shooting in South London! Perhaps a trip up to Sunderland is in order?

·
Registered
27 Posts
From Mr Alicat

when we done some meets With miniit was fun and got to meet one another, have fun drives in convoy ect and visit to the place where our vehicle was made, if thats an Idea??? was a very interesting day to see how much was involved to make our car.
as with what fee says, some people cant do it sometimes due to work ect, but if things get planned well ahead then thats gives people CLUB MEMBERS a chance to attend things!!!! only my thought

·
Registered
88 Posts
Have done it with Landrovers, trial bikes ands cruising. I would be up for it if reasonably local, it is always good to put a face to the name.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Never really had a car that's had a club, well that's a lie, had a Fronteria and currently have a Landrover, but never got in with either crowds
Edited by: Juke_and_the_Fatman

·
Registered
167 Posts
yeah the timing feels really good, Juke is my first new car and its a New new car at that - lol

·
Registered
796 Posts
Hi. IM well up for it. I drive a Smart Roadster Coupe and drive over from Bavaria 1,400km every year for a camping meet. Love it love it love it.

Two years ago, the club know as TRN (theroadster.net) drove to me here in Berchtesgaden for a week and we had a blast.

So if you guys are thinking of doing such a thing, coune me in.

We have done the followin:
1 Isle of Wight
2 The lake district
3 Dorset
4 Wales
5 2011 to be confirmed)

Also in 2011 some club member and I will drive to the Smart Times event in Rimini, Italy for a week.

Doing meets are brilliant. Really.

Normally our camping meets are end of May, first week of June.

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
Sounds good to me.I'd even travel down to Essex.It would be good to see where Wayne and Waynetta and all the tracys and shaz's live.

·
Registered
33 Posts
We`ve done various car club meets for the last few years with various clubs. Weekend ones are a real blast. The Midlands Festival Of Transport at Weston Park over the Easter weekend is good. Every type of vehicle there & it costs about a fiver for the whole weekend. Bargain. Here`s the link to the organisers http://www.transtarpromotions.co.uk/Edited by: Scrappyracer

1 - 20 of 76 Posts