·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
London.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
no waiting for the 10 o'clock news to see latest it was getting quite bad earlier.
personally i think there is no excuse for such behaviour and if it was down to me I would send the army in with loaded weapons.
Sometimes I feel this country is out of control and order needs restoring

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
HERE HERE. IT IS DISGRACEFUL.

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
I said the same to the Duchess about sending in the army but she reminded me they're all overseas fighting in various conflicts.

I say send in the Scouts.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
All those innocent people getting caught up in it.
The marines are needed!

·
Registered
912 Posts
deks36 said:
no waiting for the 10 o'clock news to see latest it was getting quite bad earlier.
personally i think there is no excuse for such behaviour and if it was down to me I would send the army in with loaded weapons.
I quite agree deks. I don't know why the police don't use the water cannon vehicles, like they do on the Continent, for breaking up riotous mobs. Trouble is today, there is no disipline like there used to be.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Geoff_Juke said:
deks36 said:
I quite agree deks. I don't know why the police don't use the water cannon vehicles, like they do on the Continent, for breaking up riotous mobs. Trouble is today, there is no disipline like there used to be.
Theresa May was asked this morning why water cannon was not used? She replied that we police by consent in the UK!Then she was reminded that they were used in Northern Ireland, "is that not the UK?" She then stuttered a bit but had no real answer.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I was quite surprised I could hear Theresa May say anything at all, as I was fully expecting her voice to be badly muffled while she was sitting down !!

Still, thank heavens the 24 police we have left (
) were prepared to 'dive in' or things might have been even worse? But their hands will almost certainly be tied by people like Theresa May who never directly experience any of the issues that they prattle on about.

I was brought up to be respectful to all - even though some eventually proved they simply didn't deserve it. So, where are the parents of these rioters? Queuing up to appear on Jeremy Kyle??

Maybe I'm completely out of touch, but I can't help feeling that this is just another symptom of the breakdown of the family unit.

·
Registered
452 Posts
spangles, you are not out of touch at all!!I totally agree with your comments re. Theresa May. Pays lip service to the problem but really has no idea what goes on in the real world, as is the case with so many of our "leaders".I too was brought up to be respectful and I raised my two Sons in the same way,but that is all non-existent nowadays.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts