Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yet another one to add to the list already on here, ordered the Tekna CVT 2WD on 30th Oct with a delivery date of the end of Jan, after reading the various posts on here about delayed orders i e-mailed my dealer who confirmed that delivery was now down as beginning of MAY, If i had known it was going to be such a long delivery i wouldnt of ordered but like most others i feel in love with it, I don't know if im more annoyed at the fact the date has been put back or the fact that if i hadnt contacted the dealer when would he of given me information ??
So now i have to decide what to do, they originally said if i cancelled the order i would loose my £500 deposit which i dont think is very fair as its them that cant provide the goods, and also my dealer was honouring the VAT increase and i was p/x my old car so will this still stand, dealer has advised the only thing i can do it put in a complaint to customer services about my order, and then to top it all off i saw one on the way home from work, talk about rub your nose in it GGGGRRRRR

Anyway rant over, any advise appreciated.

·
Registered
56 Posts
if its any help it will still be worth the wait. The Juke is such great fun to drive :)

·
Registered
210 Posts
Ahh let me guess another unsatisfied Glyn Hopkin customer. They are liers and sharks. If I were you i'd demand my deposit back because the delivery has been put back so far, your going to have an up hill battle. They registered my JUke on 30th November ive still yet to see the car. Take your business somewhere else even if it means you have to drive 50 miles

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Jenkins

Your contract is with the dealer not with nissan customer services. Check your terms and conditions on your receipt.I got a full refund when I cancelled my order because the date had been pushed back to may also. Its a hard decision to have to make your heart tells you one think and your head tells you another. Good luck with what ever you decide to do.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Hi Jenkins,
To be fair though if you still want the Juke is it worth cancelling to reorder somewhere else & go to the back of the queue? I have the same dilema, (4wd version) from Jan to March now 20th May & ordered 20th Oct.
If you havent got to pay the VAT & they are honouring your p/x at least thats something you havent got to worry about.
Its a hard choice, I know, but at the mo im going with it as some other car makers have long waits too. Plus weve been told by our dealer & Nissan that thats the latest delivery date & should be April if not the end of March. But, I dont think I will wait if it went back again.
At the end of the day its your choice & you are the only one that can decide. Its no good if you regret it later!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hello mate...

Did you buy from Glyn Hopkins in Romford. If you read my post Dreaded Phone Call I am in the same boat as yourself. I think if we didnt like the car so much I would be looking for my money back I understand the weathers bad but they at Hopkins did not bother phoning us we had to do it. The sad thing is we had arranged to go to Scotland for xmas in the Juke but betwen Hopkins and the weather that dont look like its going to happen Keep me informed how you get on mate and I will do the same...

Cheers Rob.......

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Right well I have calmed down abit today, but still not very impressed, i have fallen in love with the car as i think most of us have and to cancel now i will be back to square one, i contacted the dealer regarding the VAT and PX and they have said that they will honour it if i decide to carry on with the order or they will give me my deposit back, think i was more annoyed at the fact the dealer hadnt contacted me (even though when i ordered said he would be in touch every couple of weeks), if i hadnt contacted them yesterday after reading the posts on here when would i of found out about the delay ???
I purchased through the same dealer jockney, hopefully you will get yours before christmas, i've e-mailed nissan customer services which the salesman told me to do who have apologised and have asked for my details etc so will see what they come back with and will let you know, i thought the 3 month wait was long enough but to go from 3 months to 7 just isnt right.

·
Registered
754 Posts
A friend ordered a Tekna CVT in October, their date has moved from January to March. They've got rid of their existing car to someone who needs it by the end of January, so are a bit peed off. If the date slips beyond March they will pull out and buy something else.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thats another thing thats wound me up the mot and tax on my current car runs out in march next year so obviously wanted the new one before then, i dont really want to spend out money on a car i'm getting rid of when it can go towards the deposit of the new one. I suppose at least if its march it will be a new plate, but then i've already bought a personalised plate to go on mine when it arrives.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts