Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there.

Just thought I would introduce myself to the work of Juke. I am changing from a much loved Honda JDM Integra type R to my new Juke.

I am getting a lovely 1.6 Acenta Premium Sports pack. I dont need the turbo version because of the high price of petrol :)

·
Registered
912 Posts
Welcome to the club Dudley Juke. Another Midlander
What colour are you having? Edited by: Geoff_Juke

·
Registered
912 Posts
Sorry about the spelling above, to quick on the keyboard. It would be ok if you could edit this out after posting, but there is no post editing button on these forums. Anyway, welcome to the club DudleyJuke.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Geoff_Juke said:
Sorry about the spelling above, to quick on the keyboard. It would be ok if you could edit this out after posting, but there is no post editing button on these forums. Anyway, welcome to the club DudleyJuke.

wrong, post options click scroll list edit post easy peasy

Hey GJ how is Tamworth which part are you from?
Edited by: deks36

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the greetings. I am going to have one in White. White is the new black and my current car is in white and it turns all the heads :)

I used to live in Tamworth, I moved from Wilnecote about 2 years ago and back in the good old black country now. If we had a local meet then we should get together for a catchup !

·
Registered
912 Posts
Hi Guys,
Tamworth is ok, I live in Dosthill. There are a few Jukes in this area, a white one round the corner from me, and a red one further towards Two Gates. Don't know if they have joined the club though. We don't get our car until September, then the week after we are going to Tenby for a week, so will have chance to give it a long run.
It would be nice to meet up sometime, maybe at Kingsbury Water Park later in the year (after I get ours). I am involved with the EWR Minature Railway, which runs approx 2 kilometers, around the Park. Good place to have a local group meet. Edited by: Geoff_Juke

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
DudleyJuke said:
Thanks for the greetings. I am going to have one in White. White is the new black and my current car is in white and it turns all the heads :)

I used to live in Tamworth, I moved from Wilnecote about 2 years ago and back in the good old black country now. If we had a local meet then we should get together for a catchup !
dudley,welcome to the forum,BUT,just to put you right,as the main man sir **** of the jaggers said all those years ago,and it still stands today,paint it black, you know it makes sense,or as ios bravos said,black is black..

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
DudleyJuke said:

catchup,do you mean ketchup,iam a brown sauce man my self,but if your making the bacon sarnies,iam there.....

·
Registered
69 Posts
I agree about kingsbury, great place to meet. I am up there every week at the sailing club

Nice big grassed areas to park the jukes all together

·
Registered
104 Posts
Another Midlander!! Welcome. Liking the idea of Kingsbury Water Park!

·
Registered
912 Posts
Nice to see more Midlanders on here. Regarding Kingsbury Water Park, I was thinking of maybe holding a meet there next year, possibly sometime in March on a Sunday. (I won't get my Juke until September this year) I am a member of the Echills Wood Railway, which runs in the park and I could quite easily arrange a special discounted train ride for all Juke Club members. I am also well in with the Head Park Warden who could possibly reserve us a special parking area, on the grass as mentioned by jholdaway.

For those not familiar with Kingsbury Water Park, it is a large nature park set amongst many lakes, with lots of wildlife,some of the large lakes are used for sailing, power boat racing and jet ski's, as well as fishing.There is an information centre/shop,and cafe/restaraunt close to the main entrance. A large childrens play area which is presently being revamped with new equipment, plusa childrens adventure playground at the far side of the park,which is served by the 2 kilometer Minature Railway. The railway operates every Sunday throughout the year and special event weekends plus Bank Hols. Both steam and diesel trains run, with up to five or six trains out on busy Sundays. Fare for the railway is £1.50 per head, ride time approx twenty minutes.

The Park entrance fees for those not having yearly permits, is £3.50 per car (so for a family of 4 is good value) payable at the park entrance barrier. Thousands of visitors come to the park throughout the year and it is open from Dawn until Dusk everyday except Christmas Day.

It is located approx 3 miles from Junction 9 (M42). There are a few caravan & Camping Sites close by with many Bed/BreakfastFacilities all within a short distance. The nearest large town is Tamworth, (4 miles) where there is a Holiday Inn, Premier Inn and Travelodge Hotels.

If anyone is interested in having a gathering here maybe on a twice a year basis, then let it be known here. This is only a suggestion at this stage and I would be happy to set the wheels in motion should it be decided upon, nearer the time.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
thats close Drayton Manor is on my list of possible venues for next years meet as is Donnington Park circuit although I am still gathering information on possible venues trying to find something that caters for the majority as Gaydon did this year, Most impressed with the service Gaydon provided

1 - 20 of 31 Posts