Nissan Juke Owners Club banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tonight I found another Nissan ( a pick up type ) vehicle with a paint issue just around the corner from my house.

Unfortunately it was my 7 yr old that caused it. He'd only been on his new bike 15 mins or so when he came up fast behind his brother, hit him, then swerved onto the other side of the road and put several scrape marks in the black paint of this huge Nissan. Only about a mile long, across both doors.

I found out where the owner lived and together with my son, walked up the path to knock on the door, tears flowing.....and that's just me. The guy was very nice about it. It's a company car and he won't know whats going to happen until he goes back to Aberdeen, where he works, next week.
That's our planned several days break to London this August out of the window, then.

Right, must dash. I've got several kids toys to put up on Ebay now.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Snout, I couldn't see to run because of all the crying I was doing.


Sue, good idea but after I'd sold the last one some charity worker would come round selling tickets for African orphans..........and knowing my luck I'd probably win one of the little urchins!!
Edited by: JUKEOFYORK
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,317 Posts
JUKEOFYORK said:
Snout, I couldn't see to run because of all the crying I was doing.


Sue, good idea but after I'd sold the last one some charity worker would come round selling tickets for African orphans..........and knowing my luck I'd probably win one of the little urchins1!!
joy dont buy a ticket you can have one of mine, and i will deliver,
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
286 Posts
glencairn said:
JUKEOFYORK said:
Snout, I couldn't see to run because of all the crying I was doing.


Sue, good idea but after I'd sold the last one some charity worker would come round selling tickets for African orphans..........and knowing my luck I'd probably win one of the little urchins1!!
joy dont buy a ticket you can have one of mine, and i will deliver,
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
162 Posts
I'm glad you were honest enough to knock on the door and own up!
Well done for having the moral fortitude to stand up and be counted.

It's easy to beleive that honest people like you, are in a minority nowadays.
You should be proud of what you did and I'm sure you'll look at your empty wallet with a warm feeling! Sniff!

Hope it's not too expensive to be a nice person.

Ouch!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
69 Posts
Can you get public liability insurance for kids?

+ accidental damage would definatly be an option i would take on one of mine
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ouch! said:
I'm sure you'll look at your empty wallet with a warm feeling! Sniff!

Hope it's not too expensive to be a nice person.

Ouch!
I'm hoping it's not going to be too expensive. I'm off most of next week and have offered myself up to the local delivery office to do some over time there. So far they'll have me Monday.

I've noticed a dent in the door of the Navaro, at the end of the scratches. It just gets worse. If it costs too much I'll have to ask his company to claim it on their insurance. It would be like having an accident with a non insured driver. I'll pay the excess.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
jholdaway said:
Can you get public liability insurance for kids?

+ accidental damage would definatly be an option i would take on one of mine

I've told him he's to stay in the close for the next 2 days and practise his braking.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,309 Posts
Hi JOY - I feel your pain
My wee boy decided to practice going over a small bike ramp outside our door on the pavement.He lost his nerve on a fast approach - swerved to the right, promptly caught his pedal on the ramp and drove into our neighbours Renault Megane - scraping it along the door.....He went to their door himself before I even knew about it and stood there crying apologising that he would pay for it.. They were so upset for him and were nearly in tears themselves at his distress...Our neighbours were fab - said they would get CHIPS AWAY in to fix it.themselves..Oh!!!! for fab neigbours....Hope all goes well for youFee xxxPS - Had a thought --- Why dont you emply ROCKS to come up ad use his "Detailing skills" to fix the problem - Could be cheaper than an excess!!!!
Edited by: feefeeglasgow
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Good idea, Fee. Sounds like you've got great neighbours, which is priceless.
Nice to see your back.










Even nicer to see your front
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top