Nissan Juke Owners Club banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
About to order a 1.5dci Juke teknathis Friday, but with all the members complaining of poor mpg i'm having second thoughts. On my second 1.5dci Qashqai and have averaged 50mpg with both.I don't understand, supposed to be same engine.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
hi welcome to the forum same engine yes but now has DPF with regen system this is what eats the extra diesel, now i could just slate it but in fairness i and a few others are not impressed with MPG but others are fine with what they are getting but be under no illusion you are very unlikely to achieve 50 mpg ever let alone as an average
oh and expect a fair wait for a new although I know of a couple of low mileage 1 owners coming up soon

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Hi redkite

Welcome to the forum - Sorry you are having these misgivings but I also had a Qashqai 1.5 and i too cant fathom the poor MPG out - possibly due to the new DPF but who knows?... The engine still has fab power and is really nippy - the problem appears to be in town driving or for those doing lots of town miles. If you are doing long journeys or mostly motorway it doesnt seem to be an issue

Perhaps ask dealer to test drive during the rush hour to see what MPG you appear to get..

Dont let me put you off - it has been a bad move for me who does lots of urban miles but might be ok for your use

Ask you dealer and make your mind up from there - Good luck!!!!

Fee x

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Ola Redkite

I too was going for a diesel until my dearler recommended the petrol cause all my driving is short town journeys.

He had driven both and got very little difference - I must say it was a good bit of advice, because it meant that I went higher in spec and got a Tekna that was delivered on time.

Take both out on demo and buy according to your journey type.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts