1 - 20 of 171 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evening all.

Sorry to say that my Juke is leaving.

I have been charmed by a Ford Kuga!!!

Went out, just to have a look at one today and got offered such a good deal.....we bought it!

The new car is a 3 month old Ford Kuga Titanium 160bhp tdciwith nearly every extra! Panoramic roof, HID headlights, full leather heated interior, satnav, camera, bluetooth, USB, voice control, solar windscreen, cruise, etc, etc. all in all, over £3000 of extras. Beautiful car in silver.

I paid £15k for my Juke at launch 6 months ago - got £13500 on trade in, which Im very happy about.

The Kuga was already very keenly priced, but with the competitive trade in offer and the sheer spec of the Kuga, we couldnt resist!

I have nothing but praise for the Juke, its a cracking little car which turns heads everywhere it goes. However the word little was the biggest factor for us - The boot was a bit too small and the rear seats a bit claustrophobic. I wish the thing had been fitted with 6 gears and wasnt too happy about how easily the paintwork was chipped. For all potential owners - dont let these small points prevent you from buying one of these lovelystylish motors. The new car is due at the end of next week, and it will be a sad day to say adios to our old pal the Juke.

Id like to take this opportunity to say a fond farewell to all of you on this forum, especially the other original "old timers" like Deks, Fee, 12" and Dabe. Its been an ABSOLUTE PLEASURE and a PRIVILEGE to know you all through this forum and I will definitely keep it in my IE Favourites to keep popping back and see what you are all up to!

One final note - I have no affiliation to him whatsoever, but if anyone needs Juke accessories, there is only ONE option - JOhn at Holdcrofts - absolutely superb service above and beyond.

Oh this also means that in order to recover some of the £1000's that my Kuga cost, I will be selling my armrest, front mudflaps and touch up pen. will post them on the for sale section next week.

will also post some pics of the Kuga once it arrives!

Take care,

Andy
oh and P.s DONT BUY SUPAGARD or any other perma sealant at £200+......its for suckers!!!!!!!!!!!!! Couldnt help it, sorry!

Edited by: andytran

·
Registered
38 Posts
The Kuga is a nice car!! My only dislike with Ford's are the SatNav as I don't like how they look on screen.

Enjoy your new car though!

·
Registered
605 Posts
Kuga is a very nice car - would only buy new and was too expensive for the spec I wanted or I think I would have had a very hard decision to make. Good Luck

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Aww bless Andy

I am so so sorry to see another OLD TIMER going!!!!

The Kuga is a beautiful car - although a bit too pricy for me though....

You are so right about the 5 speed box - Nissan really missed a trick with that one. Your points are all valid....

Your input and information has been fab during your time and your witty banter, magic!!!

Hope its everything you hope for and keep in touch....

Much love

Fee x

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Andy sorry to see you gobut have to say that had this car been my choice it may have been the Kuga
looked at them early last year but wife wasn't keen
did you get supa gard on it aswell

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
deks36 said:
Andy sorry to see you gobut have to say that had this car been my choice it may have been the Kuga
looked at them early last year but wife wasn't keen
did you get supa gard on it aswell
GRRRRRRRRR....

Funny thing is the salesman tried to sell me it! My wife put her hand on my knee and whispered "calm down" and then she politely said NO to him whilst I wiped the steam from my ears!!

Andy

·
Registered
166 Posts
Good luck with the new car, must admit i do like the kuga myself, if they where cheaper and it wasn't so expensive for my insurance on one (think the cheapest quote i had was £1600) then i would of gone for one myself

·
Registered
15 Posts
....we looked at a Kuga - nice car, but there's a new model called a Vertrek being launched by Ford to replace the Kuga later this year and I just hate driving yesterday's models, especially when the new one knocks a hole in your residuals
Edited by: Hut49

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Good luck with your new Vehicle. I think the Kuga is more a big brother to the Juke than the QQ.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hut49 said:
....we looked at a Kuga - nice car, but there's a new model called a Vertrek being launched by Ford to replace the Kuga later this year and I just hate driving yesterday's models, especially when the new one knocks a hole in your residuals

Hi mate,
I know the Kuga will be updated in the future, what car isnt?
But, the vertrek isnt due out until mid/late 2012 at the earliest! Im sure the juke will have had a facelift by then anyway!
We like the cut of the Kugas jib, so decided to take the plunge and to **** with updates, I cant live my life thinking about what might happen tomorrow!!!!

andy

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Andy, sad day. Will miss you round here. Your advice has been invaluable to me and many others on the forum. I wouldn't be surprised if SUPAGUARD were sponsoring your move to the KUGA just to get you off this forum. You must have cost them thousands over the last 6 months.
Pop back and see us often.
regards and best wishes for the future.
12inch

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
12Inchmick said:
I wouldn't be surprised if SUPAGUARD were sponsoring your move to the KUGA just to get you off this forum. You must have cost them thousands over the last 6 months.

Now theres a thought???

Maybe I can do a deal with them before I appear on the Kuga forums!!!!

Oh by the way - the Kuga forum looks EXACTLY like this one, I mean the pages/interface/graphics etc. Is is just a corporate forum package that developers can use, or are the 2 linked??

Andy

·
Registered
659 Posts
Enjoy the Kuga. My neighbour just got one and it IS a good-looking car. Sounds a great spec.

The Juke is rather small (but fine for me) and the lack of 6th gear in the petrol was a HUGE mistake. I don't know how people can tolerate it!

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
just had a thought andy if the early buyers/members sell up soon then we will be gone before some others even get their cars how strange does that sound

·
Registered
70 Posts
The Kuga's are verrrrryyyy nice!!!!

I do like em

Glad your now even happier than when you had your Juke

enjoy it

1 - 20 of 171 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.