Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With all the questions about fuel consumption,what's the best way to get the official engines figures.
Do you Brim the tank drive it to near empty and use some scientific equation that steven hawkins would struggle with.

Or just believe what the trip computer data is saying.

My petrol juke is left on the current MPG rolling data option by the fuel tank reading and fluctuates between 15 mpg when i floor it..to 99.9 mpg when coasting...surely it's best to work it out yourself using quantum physics..anyone got an equation

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
fill it to the brim drive it for however long you like it doesnt have to be empty but the further you go the more average you should get in terms of different styles, when you re fill do it to the brim same as before the divide the number of litres by 4.546 to give you gallons used then distance covered by the number of gallons used to get miles per gallon
Edited by: deks36

·
Premium Member
1,546 Posts
@Deanno1dad "anyone got an equation"
Start with

<DD>
</DD>
<DD></DD>
<DD>

then writing the differential operator</DD>
<DL>
<DL>
<DD>
</DD></DL></DL>

But I have no idea what they do.

·
Registered
873 Posts
deks36 said:
fill it to the brim drive it for however long you like it doent have to be empty but the further you go the more average you should get in terms of different styles when you re fil do it to the brim same as before the divide the number of litres by 4.546 to give you gallons used then divide that by the distance covered and you have your miles per gallon.
This is wrong. You divide the distance covered by the number of gallons you put into the tank, not the other way around, or you get 'gallons per mile' instead, which will be a very low number indeed :p
Edited by: Stormrider

·
Registered
65 Posts
Deanno,

You will never get the official mpg figures, no matter what you do. They are not real world numbers. If you drive on the flat with all electrics off and at a speed that will piss off all other drivers, you might get close(er), but you will be so bored you will want to blow up your Juke with you in it.

Drive economically by all means, but enjoy your Juke. If you want a really economical car do not buy a Juke

Roger

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
It's annoying really, as I can regularly get the quoted 56 mpg for my old Yaris Verso, carrying an aerodynamically unfriendly roof box, sometimes bettering it by 5 mpg, over a combined run of about 55-60 miles without stopping (apart from at junctions and lights, obviously).

But now I'm ready for some fun, hang the expense

·
Registered
56 Posts
MPG = Miles drives / Gallons of fuel put into the car.

1 gallon =4.545963 UK litres

so to calculate if you fill up in litres in the UK .....

(Miles driven / litres used) x 4.545963

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Never considered MPG when I was looking for a new car........ Traded in a Merc that cost a lot more to run than my Juke..... So whatever the MPG is, it's better than I had

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'm not real sure what a Acenta or Tekna are so please be patient. I have a Black SL six speed FWD. I'm getting advertised MPG (high 26s city, high 29s low 30s highway). My car had a CEL problem in early January. I got a reflash then and that seemed to improve things by about 1 1/2 MPG. Weather, right now is a huge factor on MPG. Guys up north are getting horrible MPG. I'm about as South as you can get. My cold weather tonight will be 52, Brrr. I'm loving life MPG wise. Also, when checking your fuel economy your manual method (filling the tank, driving till empty, computing distance) gets you about 1 or 2 gallons better than your dash read out.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts