Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the way back from a meeting in Reading today, my engine management light came on. In at the dealers who don't know what's wrong and are going to contact Nissan technical support.

I have the "pleasure" of a Skoda Fabia diesel as a hire car - worst car I've EVER driven

·
Registered
175 Posts
Sorry to hear of another poorly Juke....
.. Hopefully Nissan tech guys will have you up and running in no time...
Did you actually breakdown or just the check lamp on...?

·
Registered
443 Posts
There apparently been 2 cars in the uk that have triped the o2 sensor . And it was due to the change in petrol .not the o2 sensor going wrong but changing the voltages it produced so the ecm flags a fault until it self learns and then its ok.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They think it might be the o2 sensor. Will hopefully get he back today. I don't want a Fabia for any longer than possible

·
Registered
443 Posts
Yep fingers crossed for you .I think Nissan should have given me a free turbo petrol just to iron out the bugs . I'm still free to drive a leaf mr Nissan

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Apparently Nissan's "Juke task force" reckon its the O2 sensor. Have been a few problems with the DIG-T model. Going to be sorted when I take the car back in to get the nissanconnect system fixed (!).

·
Registered
443 Posts
Well you.should able to use any petrol .even the cheap stuff has to meet a minimum standard .
But in the mean time I'd stick with one supplier .

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Juke-of-earl said:
Well you.should able to use any petrol .even the cheap stuff has to meet a minimum standard .

But in the mean time I'd stick with one supplier .
leave off i'm trying wind him up

but has to be said i found some supermarkets fuel to be less efficient than decent garages

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Chris - sorry to hear your Juke isnt well..... Its good though to see that they are doing something about it though.. The Skoda - not so good though
juke of Earl - you are the man!!! - Thanks for your input too - good to have you here!!!
Fee x

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
deks36 said:
stop using cheap petrol would be my suggestion
Shell V-power thank you. Ferrari fuel. Do they do a diesel Ferrari? Er, no

BTW - she's back and went for a serious rag in sport mode this evening. Had a great race with an Audi A5 and kept up till we ran out of road (within the speed limit of course, officer)

·
Registered
443 Posts
Ah V power .that's what triped the other one. Wonder what is in that. Won't be putting in my car. Tesco any one ,every little helps lol.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
in the case of tesco is that every little helps screw it up

always found i got less mpg with tesco fuel

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
They do 99 ocatane unleaded though, so not all bad, not that you can get performance fuel for a diesel

·
Registered
443 Posts
Well it is cheaper decks.but the main branded ones have more additives.
The performance options for oil burner I though was chip fat or sunflower .

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
post of the day!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts