Nissan Juke Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is a pumping type noise all the time coming from my Juke is this normal or something that needs fixing
It does not seem to effect any thing just a a bit strange.
Further investigation, Not Air Con. Noise seems to be there all the time but probably don't notice as much when moving plus with heater fan and other back ground noise but can here it when you really listen or when stopped and it's quiet outside. Hard to pin point where coming from does not seem to be coming from engine or boot area,.
Where is the fuel pump situated

Can you tell it's getting to me now

Advice please -as I don't what to break down or be doing any mechanical damage

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just back from local Nissan garage, The Pumping noise is from where the fuel enters the fuel pipe from the fuel pump at the rear right hand side. They say Nissan are aware of the problem and looking into how to cure it, told then when they solve it there will either be a recall or will contact owners who have reported it.

I would be interested if any one else has had the same problem and what they were told

This is the second case they know of at this dealership (just my luck). Don't know why it's happening or whats causing it but claim it does not effect the running of the Juke and there is no danger.
They say I will have to put up with it till cure is found, not happy as find it annoying and embarrassing especially when it traffic ques.

Please can other Forum members tell me what they feel my next step should be as I have only owned the Juke for a few weeks

·
Registered
73 Posts
Hi Melon Man. Sorry I can't help. My Juke doesn't have the problem - or any problems thankfully. What version of the Juke do you drive ?

Incidentally, it can't be a common problem otherwise it would be all over the forum, so my advice is to get onto Nissan Customer Service and get them to put a boot up the dealer's backside

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Fingers crossed for you Spanda that you never get this fault (well not until they find a cure anyway), because apparently this fault can appear on any diesel at any time Nissan don't appear to know how or why so finding a solution is proving difficult :confused: .

·
Registered
952 Posts
Interesting they've told you it's a known issue, there have been a few reports of similar noises on here but it's very difficult to tie down a noise from a forum description.

At least you know it's not a problem as such.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Yes John your right, I now feel the main issues now are that it must effect the value, also the odd looks I get from other motorists when you are in traffic jams (also can not do the Jukes reputation much good can it).
Have e mailed NCS will be interesting to see what they have to say, will post there response when I get it.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I believe i have this same issue, sounds like a quiet washing machine pump, only really notice it when standing in a queue of traffic.

I read somewhere that this may be the fuel filter? and changing it solved the issue?

will be looking out for what NCS say.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Excellent response from N. C. S. Telephoned me to say they are dealing with my complaint and corresponding with the Technical department and will ring me again next Tuesday before 5pm, as in there words "The Noise issue is spoiling my driving experience" . So all positive so far will post update when I have more news.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
UPDATE : N C S phoned today (a day late and only after I e mailed them) said spoken to Nissan Technical Europe and they are working on problem trying to get some new parts made that should solve problem results due soon.
Asked how soon he could not say but in his many years of dealing with Nissan Technical Europe soon could mean buy the end of the year!
He has made a note to keep an eye out for any new developments, and will phone me with update 0n 26 /04 /2013.
Well at least there on the case, and what the Local dealer told me was correct.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Annoying pumping noise

Hi, I have the same problem (intermittent pumping/rattling noise in engine compartment). The dealership that I go to in East London/Essex is being difficult mostly claiming that there is no noise despite my keeping a diary and taking recordings. One service team member admitted during my last visit (left the car for 24 hours with them) that this is a known issue but now the service team have lost all records of that visit and have asked me to go in again (for a 4th time) for them to try to diagnose the problem. I am waiting for a manager to call me back. In any case, seeing as we have the same problem I suggest that we keep each other informed of progress. My local dealership clearly wants me to go away by fobbing this off but I will not as this is obviously a known fault. MKS

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have the same problem, its took them 3 weeks to diagnose it!! I have been told by the Nissan directors office the part is one its way from Japan and it will be repaired next month. This is not the first fault my car has had and so far in its 10 months has been back to the garage no less the 7-8 times and the moment it has been in for 3 weeks!! How have you got on melon man?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
AT LAST, ONLY TOOK 10 MONTHS - faulty part has now been replaced and the modification kit seems to have fixed the problem.
And far play to Wessex Garages Cardiff they on this occasion were excellent, very obliging, courtesy car waiting for me with half a tank of free fuel (OK it was a Micra but at least it was only for a day and told the misses she had to were a woolly hat and we weren't allowed to go more than 27 MPH ! ) Juke was ready on time all washed and vacuumed so well pleased.
N C S were on the phone to me a couple of days later for my feed back and if there was anything else that they could help me with.
So all's well that ends well even if it took a long time

Also good news to those owners with similar problems the fixing kits are at all main dealers now just give your nearest a ring and I am sure they will sort it out for you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi melon man I am wondering if you could tell me what the problem was I having the same pumping noise coming from the where fuel cap side but no one at Arnold Clark or taggart Nissan know what it is as it is intermittent

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi i have the same intermittent issue my car has been in to firsway nissan nr wigan last week (jan 16) and they diagnosed a pulsating fuel line that can be felt by holding the pipe near the fuel squeeze bulb and also the noise is present in the car which sounds much like a quiet washing machine draining the water coming from drivers side front area they have sent a technical report into nissan and i am awaiting a response. My car is a 1.5 dci 2012 tekna the user melonman has had some kind of kit fitted by nissan which cured it but he dosnt seem to reply to posts/emails would be handy to know the part no so we can tell our dealerships where to look as mine hasnt got a clue how to fix it either.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi bobsimes.

I thank for responding to my post my car I currently back in with taggart Nisan via Arnold Clark they say they can find anything but the noise when the car is running for 30+ mins

If you hear how they fix it please could you let me know and if find a cure I shall post also

·
Registered
3 Posts
hi, when its making the noise make them feel the fuel hose near the rubber bulb to the back of the engine bay (top) its easily accessable, you should feel the rhythmic pumping of the fuel which is somehow causing the piping from the tank to resonate or the pump to struggle like yours its intermittent and varies in loudness but on every journey of 30 mins or more its noticeable on idle, seems to appear after its restarted following a 30 min run, my garage have sent a technical report to Nissan so see if your garage can do the same so the more reports they get they will have to do something. mine is under warranty (extended as a 2012 car) so hopefully it will be resolved for no cost but if I find out what work is needed and parts req I will let you know. I also raised a complaint with Nissan customer services so it is logged fault that way cs put the pressure on the dealership to rectify it.

IS THERE NOBODY ELSE WITH THIS PROBLEM ON THE 1.5 DCI SURELY THIS IS MORE COMMON (LISTEN IN A QUIET CAR WITH FAN TURNED DOWN FOR WASHING MACHINE PUMPING TYPE NOISE)

Simon

·
Registered
3 Posts
Noise not solved bhefty refund given by nissan ;-)

In response to the above posts,

My car (2012 1.5 dci tekna) went into my local nissan garage and they diagnosed the pumping type noise which was intermitent after hearing it in the car and also feeling a pulsing in the fuel line near to the rubber bulb type part to the top rear of the dci engine, they didnt know how to cure it and i mentioned the fix others have had in the past, they sent a technical report to nissan, about three weeks later nissan and the garage rang to say the technical buliten has ended and the parts are no longer available with no other explination given, they told me this fault affected 2012-2013 cars but thee was no permanent fix found and they said there was nothing more they could do as it was not a saftey issue, that was it!!!!!!
As i had only had the nissan approved used car a couple of months((nov 2015 purchase of approved used car with 12 months nissan warranty) i complained by letter to the garage i bought from giving them 4 weeks to fix it or provide compensation or i would issue court papers.

within a day they had offered me a full refund on the car or a payment in compensation which was very good and more than i ever thought i would get from court action (6% of car value) i like the car so i took the compensation with a view to fixing it myself next year when the warranty had expired.

the warranty still stands for any other issues that may arise.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts