Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We placed an order for a 1.6 Dig-T Tekna CVT in Sapphire Black (to avoid the red vs. white dilemma
) but the dealer seems to be in the dark on delivery timing. Some posts on this forum suggest this model is built in Japan (but that was news to the dealer!). So we have no idea whether to start getting excited in March, April or May (or perhaps even June?
). Anyone in the know about such matters?
The Juke Owners Club forum was a great source of knowledge while we were learning about this fantastic car - thanks to everyone for all the useful info posted. Hope to contribute to the knowledge base in due course (sooner rather than later, hopefully!)

·
Registered
457 Posts
I do know that there was a delay in CVT models. Not sure if that has been sorted. But judging by many that have purchased these models, most have had to wait several months ! I do hope you get your car sooner though !

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Hi welcome to the forum, there is a delay on all Jukes due demand outstripping supply. the n/a CVT is now no longer available to order until all orders have been fulfilled, All models are uk built except for the DIG-T 4WD version which is built in Japan, so if have a 2wd it will be built here. I am not surprised you dealer has not a clue or info on delivery. This forum and its members seem to have much more info than dealers and AS for delivery Nissan is useless at communication with its customers and dealers

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We ordered the 4WD version (auto, obviously) - is it just the engine and transmission that is built in Japan or the complete car? Imagining our Juke bobbing along on the waves for several weeks (months?) makes me think there might even be a facelift model out before we get it!(though, looking at the pictures, I'm not sure the Juke face could get much higher). Will post any news when received from dealer.
Thanks for your welcome!

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
the whole car is built in Japan and ishipped to the UK complete, although it has been rumoured that it may be built here from late this year

·
Registered
189 Posts
hi, hut49 with regards to delivery dates i know i was given end of jan having ordered my acenta sport in black, and that was end of november, i was then told 22nd of feb and woe and behold today i get a call to say it could be the 11th as the factory as released the vehicle details for registration so fingers crossed when i get home from being away my new toy will be waitng to be picked up
, so hut49 good luck with your juke and hope everything turns out well. mr nev</font>

·
Registered
316 Posts
Hi Hut49,

Great choice!

Yes you car is definately built in Ohama, Japan (mine too, obviously)
But it has a long way to come, mine took 6 months!
It would have been 4½ but the dealer messed up the order

Just hang in there, it's so worth it

Welcome

·
Registered
17 Posts
I saw Juke (Quazana) for the first time, back in 2009. I ordered an AWD in white on Sept. 9, 2010. The carwas shipped from Japan on Dec. 29, 2010 and arrived in Athens customs on Feb. 2, 2011.The AWDs (4x4) are made in Japan, for now.I am trying to take advantage of the government tax incentives for new Euro 5 standards cars and thus myJuke will be with me early March
. By then, the accessories I have ordered will be at the dealership, where theywill be installed and the dealer will deliver the vehicle to me "armed and ready".I tell you what guys, Juke worths waiting for.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
It seems that the CVT and AWD issue is all over the place, no-one knows timescalesetc- Have also heard the AWD are being made here this summer, only time will tell

It would be good for NISSAN GB to give us an update for all those who have ordered and are waiting

Fee

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just a quick update - as the dealer was unable to help with any news on delivery for our Dig-T Tekna CVT auto, we've spoken several times to Nissan UK customer service. However they were also unable to help and could not give a provisional delivery date even after contacting Japanese operations where the car is being built. It appears the delay is in the production of the CVT unit where demand is far exceeding supply chain capacity. After seeing the TopGear prats trying to have a laugh at the Juke's expense last night we're even more convinced the Juke is a star
and decided to wait it out even suspecting that delivery might not even be this year.
Saw our first Juke on the road yesterday in Chessington, Surrey (well, in a Shellstation actually) and it just looks so **** good in black

Hutch

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
....and ends.
Spoke today to both the dealer who took our 1000 quid deposit for the Dig-T CVT 4WD in January (while telling us of course the car was made in Sunderland
) and Nissan UK customer service, neither was able to confirm any delivery date even a provisional one. In fact the order we placed hasn't even been allocated a place in any manufacturing campaign as there are still no CVT units in Oppama. So unfortunately we have no choice but to cancel it and head over to a Mini Countryman Cooper S ALL4. Strange how close we got to the Juke since tripping over it while looking at a Qashqai, and we were so looking forward to it. Almost thought about a used one but it is going to be my wife's first new car and she wants all the excitement that goes with it.
I hope you all enjoy your Jukes and they return above expected mpg and more thrills than you can shake a stick at. You'll feel great
in your smiling Jukewhenever you drive past a glum guy/gal
in a white+black Mini C!
Thanks for having me!TTFNHutch

Edited by: Hut49

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thanks for the link - I hadn't seen that website but really like the presentation - so much better than reading predictably dull journal editorials

1 - 17 of 17 Posts