Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, thought I would share my experience after covering just short of 600 miles. I have come from a BMW 320d to the new 62 plate 1.5dci Tekna and I have to admit the difference in suspension is massive. The BMW had sport suspension and the Juke, although firm, is a lot better so in this area I am really pleased.

Our first real drive was last weekend up to London for a pre-xmas break and although I am running in, I fluctuated between 55-70mph (I did touch 80mph for 1 minute
). Whilst doing so I feel for a 1.5 the torque is actually very good, this also in normal mode. Like many others say, eco isn't great and I doubt I will ever use it. Sport is great fun and I will use this but not that often and normal for me is best. A full tank in Asda cost me £49 and I have managed around 40mph to the gallon on the motorway but this may be because I was speeding up and slowing down whilst running in. I can't wait to unleash the beast after 1000 miles!!

As for the size of the vehicle, it does feel like you are driving a Pajero but when you look at the huge wing mirrors, you realise you are miles from the parked cars. This will take some getting used to but driving in London Town in busy traffic has helped. The raised position of the driver certainly helps negotiate the roads. The turn ratio is poor and is a minor problem when reversing out of parking spaces in car parks etc... but again, it's something I could get used to after a while, but if Nissan does take anything on board, this should be one of them.

Comfort wise, it's great. The seats are comfortable, the drive is great and getting used to the gadgets will take time but we'll get there. I used the onboard Sat Nav and admit it's not Tom Tom but it did what it says on the tin, although leaving London it told me to turn left the immediately told me to turn around (very strange). I would like to try and change the KM into Miles and if possible a speed limit like Tom Tom, again I need to read up on the manuals. My wife loves the radio and the fact it tells you what song is playing (little things
).

Overall we love our new Juke and have had some positive comments from people who have travelled in the car. I was hoping for a bit better mph but once it's run in hopefully I will know more.

·
Registered
952 Posts
There's no difference at all between Eco and Normal in the dCi, and Sport only changes the steering weight so I think there's a bit of placebo effect going on there - which is fair enough, it's a new toy after all

Don't worry about your speed when running in, it's the revs that matter and 80mph is fine. I would expect your MPG is a combination of a tight engine and varying speeds as you say.
The dealer should really have set up your satnav for you, but it's just a simple settings change in the menu to change kph to mph so no worries there.
Glad you're enjoying the car so far, I'm still pleased with mine after 32k miles so hopefully you'll feel the same way too.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh really? I didn't know that about the Normal and Sport. I felt different and the torque appeared better but maybe a placebo effect
although I didn't hammer it.

Good to know about the revs, doing a bit more motorway this weekend so may bump it up a bit!

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have a 1.6 petrol and there IS an effect in eco/normal/sport on that.
Basically, i thik it changes the way the car sees a given throttle movement, along with a bit of extra torque in sport mode. Basically, in sport its like having the whole throttle travel over the first 1/4 of the pedal movement. I dont think this changes mpg at all, it just gives a modified pedal response. sometimes in the rain it can cause the wheels to slip a bit pulling away in sport due to over sensitive throttle.
Are you perhaps a slowish driver? I would expect a 320d to be at least 177hp and moving to a 110hp juke has got to be a BIG difference in performance...... i think the current 320d is around 8 secs to 60 mph - the diesel juke is around 11.5s - in fact the 320d is about the same as a dig-t. so, if you are a spirited driver you are going to notice a drop in performance - and some

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not a slow driver and I liked the torque and power of the 320d which was 150bhp but the difference between the 2 cars is the top end. Yes you could smash the 320d but was too dangerous around town but on the motorway there is a difference, but there is still good torque on the Juke I feel.

I have read reviews on the Juke and many slate the torque and power but for me they are all acceptable in terms of performance for a car of it's size.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just a quick update on my review. Now done 1150 miles and it's getting better by the mile.I agree with most about the MPG as if you don't thrash the car you will get great MPG. I did around 80-85 mph yesterday in a 300 mile round trip and I was getting around 37 so pretty good considering stories I hear from others who have deisel cars.

One big thing for us is the suspension. We came from the BMW sport suspension and the wife hated it so this car is a pleasure over the bumps in the road.

I am trying to configure my old Nokia C2 (Company Mobile not mine!) in to the bluetooth but I don't get past the first hurdle so will be seeking advice from the experts in the other part of the forum. I would like this as I get lots of phone calls as I run a kids football club of 400 players and my son is in a football academy so the hands free would be ideal.

I have got used to the Sat Nav, although I still prefer the Tom Tom I do use this one as we need the cigarette lighter for the kids DVD player. I do like the Tom Tom speed section though.

Anyway in summary, I do not regret the decision to downsize. We all love the car and look forward to many more happy trips.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts