Nissan Juke Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all. im told by my dealer that the juke has a alarm. we tried to figure it out but couldnt find/activate it. can anybody help me? thanks

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
as far as I am aware the only model with an alarm is the DIG-T and if you dont have one of those
and I am right, that would be another case of a salesman full of crap and not knowing his stuff
sorry

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
mr perfect said:
hi all. im told by my dealer that the juke has a alarm. we tried to figure it out but couldnt find/activate it. can anybody help me? thanks
No - as DEKS said it was only on the DIg-T model - It has an immobiliser though

WHat model have you got??

Fee x

·
Registered
118 Posts
mine got only immobiser too only. 2 wheel drive 1.6 tekna manual, petrol.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I was the same, two separate showrooms gave me contradictory information regarding the alarm. SoI emailed and subsequently chatted with NCS in December and its true unfortunately their is only an alarm fitted to the Dig-t model. I asked if this could be an add on but they do not even offer this as an extra factory fit - which I think its totally stupid if they can do an alarm for one model.
I ordered the Tekna model and have contacted an independent alarm fitting company who gave me a price to fit an alarm system and code it into the intelligent key system so I wont need an extra alarm fob. Im live in the city centre so to me an alarm is an essential deterrent.
Has anyone actually had an alarm fitted to the Juke as yet?
cheersA

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Nissan only fitted the alarm to the DIG-T modela s the insurance industry in the UK insisted on it and it caused a lot of delays as it had to be retro fitted and that caused issue with the car electronics
all sorted now obviously but I would seek guidance before having an indendent installer fit one warranty issue have been flagged up by others when they have asked about retro fit alarms

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hi Deks
Yeah the NCS did say the same regarding the dig-t alarm fit but surely there must be someway of getting an alarm fit that doesnt affect the warranty.
My last car - Honda HR-V I got an alarm fitted ex-dealer from new and as far as I knew it didnt affect the warranty?? Too late if it had though

Would be interesting to see if anyone else has been trying to get an alarm? The dealer has not been helpful in this matter. He has advised me to get an alarm fitted after I get the car... and still no mention of warranty... do I trust him though I feel he was just telling me that so I would buy the car!
cheersAnd

·
Registered
147 Posts
Here in Portugal things are a little bit different. We do have the alarm as an option. I'm considering to get one for mine and been talking to a dealer and he told there are two kind: the one that's just the noise, and the other one that is for closing windows too (The Juke don't do this by itself?).

·
Registered
48 Posts
Does the Juke have a wee flashing light in the console for the immobiliser. If so this would be a good enough deterrent? Would look like an alarm then.

A

·
Registered
41 Posts
Are you wanting an alarm to make a noise if someone breaks in or to stop them stealing the car?

If its to stop them stealing the car don't bother as the immobiliser is more than adequate. Its very difficult to start a modern car without the key as the key is coded to the car, that's why there are so many burglaries for car keys now days.

·
Registered
452 Posts
I have found that while years ago, the introduction of an alarm was quite disconcerting for the would-be thief, nowadays, they are totally ignored, apart from people saying "I wish somebody would swirtch that bloody thing off!!"
My current RAV4 has an immobiliser, which makes the car just a lump of metal without the key, plus there is a small red light positioned on the dash near the steering wheel.
I have found, in seven years of ownership this setup to be adequate.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Yeh, noone actually listens to car alarms. I remember sitting somewhere once with some friends and a car alarm started going off. My friend said 'Ha, for all I know that could be mine, I have no idea what it sounds like'. Some time later, when we actually went to investigate, turns out it was his... no idea what caused it to go off though!

Modern cars are secure enough without an alarm I think.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Well I have found in my residents car park if a car is broken into... its always been the ones without an alarm.Its not the stealing of the car nowadays, its the damage they do to when just breaking in to look around to see whats hidden in the glove compartment or the boot. And I know that no one really bothers about alarms... neither do I but if there two cars sitting and someone is going to chance it, I would bet they would rather break into the car without an alarm as this draws absolutely no attention.
Im only speaking from experience, and an alarm does act as a slight deterrent in my opinion.

·
Registered
48 Posts
There is always a small red flashing light either on the front console or near the gear box, some even have this wee flashing light on the door sill where the open/closed button usually is.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts