Nissan Juke Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone..The dealer i bought my juke tekna cvt refused to put an alarm on even though i agreed to pay extra saying that its against nissan's policy,does juke reallynot need an extra alarm system or should i get one?Your thoughts please...

·
Registered
175 Posts
Hi There,

I think the Tekna will already have an alarm as standard, the aftermarket one includes the ultrasonic sensors.... the risk of the dealer fitting it is that he'll need to take some trim bits off for the wires and could cause you a few quality problems if not done well...

·
Registered
659 Posts
Why d'you want another alarm?
Modern cars are highly theft-proof. That's why these days they are more likely to hijack you at the petrol station or on your drive. Or break in and nick the keys.

·
Registered
34 Posts
aysh

I am an Inspector in the police control room in a midlands force. As you can imagine we get calls every day about cars being nicked. Alarms in my opinion are a waste of time, nobody ever takes any notice when they go off. As one poster has already said modern cars are immobilised so you cannot nick itwithout the keys.

Modern car theives commit the crime that we in the police call "car key burglary" That means they break into your house to nick the keys to nick the car then it gets cloned.

My advice save on car alarm buy a house alarm and keep your keys by your bed. They usually only enter the hallway or kitchen to look for keys not a full house search and even hook them using coat hangers through letter boxes because people keep them in a little tray by the front door doh!

Hope that helps

Pete

·
Registered
8 Posts
Alarm doesn't make the car any less likely to be stolen. Immobiliser and deadlocks help prevent theft OF the vehicle. Alarm helps prevent theft FROM the vehicle - although when was the last time you checked out your window when you heard a car alarm going of?!
I'd agree with others on the whole retrofit - if you pull pieces of the trim out to fit sensors it's unlikely they'd fit exactly the same again. Leaving mine 'as supplied'

·
Registered
309 Posts
isn't it only the DIG-T's that have alarms...? Hence the delay

·
Registered
175 Posts
If you lock the car with the remote key fob, then wait 20 seconds for the car to arm itself, then unlock the driver's door with key blade.. open the door andthe alarm will go off !!

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
cheers juke saved me checking that when it gets home tonight. i was sure they didnt have as I haven't read about alarm on any model except the DIG-T

·
Registered
443 Posts
Nissan was forced to fit an alarm by the uk insurance companies.
They like the police no alarms don't do any real good.
It's the imobaliser and dead locks that stop the car being stolen .

·
Registered
175 Posts
Well gents... I checked my 1.5 dci Tekna this afternoon and the alarm went off.... suggest you try to confirm it yourself.... and get back to me if I'm wrong...
Any other members checked their cars yet?

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
tried it tonight nothing on mine
mind I have an Acenta Premium maybe the tekna is different?
Edited by: deks36

·
Registered
443 Posts
Well Nissan do reserve the right to alter the specification.
But the official release infront of me on Nissan e learning says no.

·
Registered
35 Posts
right really confused on this one does the 1.5 dci tekna have a car alarm or not ? and how do you set it of saw post saying lock with key fob then open with key blade think i am a bit dumb i dont know what a key blade is could someone help would like to find out if mine has an alarm or not thanks guys.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
beverleyabel said:
right really confused on this one does the 1.5 dci tekna have a car alarm or not ? and how do you set it of saw post saying lock with key fob then open with key blade think i am a bit dumb i dont know what a key blade is could someone help would like to find out if mine has an alarm or not thanks guys.
first you DO NOT have an alarm on your car only the DIG-T has an alarm.
key blade is the part of the key that metal and inserted into lock, though you superior spec owners have no need to use this option

·
Registered
67 Posts
5523_Juke said:
Well gents... I checked my 1.5 dci Tekna this afternoon and the alarm went off.... suggest you try to confirm it yourself.... and get back to me if I'm wrong...
Any other members checked their cars yet?
i have the 1.5 dci Teknaas welland the alarm didn't go off. Is there some kind of special locking method to arm it like holding the lock button down or something, or did mine just not come with one?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts