Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, my wife owns a Nissan juke 1.6. The air con started blowing out hot air from the the two middle vents and cooler air from the two outer vents.
I've had the gas checked and it was still holding pressure.
The thicker pipe in the engine bay goes ice cold when the air con is turned on.
I've also taken the pollen filter out to see if that would make a difference but no joy there.
All of the fuses seem to be ok too.

Is there anything else that would cause the air con to run hot?

Any advice would be appreciated

Cheers
Bal

·
Registered
7 Posts
probably solved this by now, but in case not:
I had a similar problem with my 1.5 Juke. The car went in for a service and when i got it back the air con was only blowing hot air. Turns out that when the pollen filter was replaced there is a connector that controls the air flow which is quite close to the filter and although it looked like the connector was properly seated the mechanic pushed it on to the plug a little more and hey presto, hot and cold air now available on tap!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Spot on, I did some more digging about online and saw the image off the white connector. I removed the glove box and saw the white connector hanging out. Popped it back in and everything works again just in time for the hot weather. Thanks for the advice

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi
probably solved this by now, but in case not:
I had a similar problem with my 1.5 Juke. The car went in for a service and when i got it back the air con was only blowing hot air. Turns out that when the pollen filter was replaced there is a connector that controls the air flow which is quite close to the filter and although it looked like the connector was properly seated the mechanic pushed it on to the plug a little more and hey presto, hot and cold air now available on tap!!
Hi guys, so glad I found this forum. My Juke Tekna has only been blowing hot air for a couple of months. Only really noticed when on a sunny day, I couldn't cool the cabin. Took it to my garage and his diagnostic equipment found two possible faults. One being the sun load sensor. He replaced that and it made no difference. Then he topped up the aircon refrigerant, still no difference. I found this forum amongst others and gave my mechanic all my findings. On looking again, he found it was indeed the plug near the pollen filter that wasn't fully pushed in! He'd serviced the car in January and replaced the pollen filter. I only live a couple of minutes from the garage so haven't given the car a good run since I picked it up yesterday, so I'm going out to try it now. I'm very positive that's solved the issue and would like to thank you for posting here, otherwise it might have taken ages to solve the issue. He only charged me for the sun load sensor (which I didn't need) but no labour or refrigerant costs as he said it was his fault. Nice guy ?, these things happen.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi guys, same happened to me, I got a mechanic to plug my car into his fault finder.(the same mechanic that serviced my car 4 months ago) and it came up with climate sensor fault and a air system fault, told me he would have to take the dash out to find the fault. After reading this I figured I would pull the glove box out just incase and yes the plug was completely removed and tucked to one side. Plugged it back in and instant air con! So thanks for saving me a fortune!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi guys, same happened to me, I got a mechanic to plug my car into his fault finder.(the same mechanic that serviced my car 4 months ago) and it came up with climate sensor fault and a air system fault, told me he would have to take the dash out to find the fault. After reading this I figured I would pull the glove box out just incase and yes the plug was completely removed and tucked to one side. Plugged it back in and instant air con! So thanks for saving me a fortune!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts