Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up our newest vehicle, a gleaming 2011 Tekna model!

But, when we tried the Air Con it wasn't very cold. On investigation we find this..

The pipe has sheared off going towards the Air Con pump down below so wasn't obvious on a quick inspection if the engine bay.

I say this is common as when I went to the local Nissan dealer I was told that part is on back order with 5 Jukes in the last fortnight coming in with the same problem!

·
Registered
41 Posts
I'm getting slightly concerned about the build quality of these, and that's coming from a 2002 lexus . . .

seen another one (1.5dci) where the intake pipe after the sensor had sheared causing it to go into limp mode and wouldn't drive. . . .

·
Registered
952 Posts
Nasty. The back-order situation probably isn't helped by the time of year and people suddenly using their A/C for the first time in months but still that's not good.

Then again it is all Renault stuff under there so what can we expect ;)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Common fault then for sure! Although I doubt they will put a recall out to change them.

Just hope it gets done under the warranty!

·
Registered
422 Posts
They do have a three year warranty. The air-con pump and pipes will be manufactured by a third party. It's just one of those things I'm afraid. It is probable that either the flexi part of the pipe is not flexible enough, considering the unsupported length of the metal pipe and bend. The metal is obviously stressed or vibrates in service and installing a support at a scheduled service would probably save them tens of thousand of Pounds in remedial warranty work. Unfortunately big companies don't tend to work like that and, as can be seen from the seat splitting problem topic, are staffed by obstinate donkeys with their brains in their nether region.

It is not just a Nissan phenomenon. Most of the big brands are like that. Midlands based UK manufacturers used to be the most arrogant of the lot, but look where they are now.:rolleyes:

BMW customers are experiencing massively expensive to repair early engine failure in four cylinder engines and BMW stubbornly refuse to recall them to rectify the problem. The engines usually fail catastrophically and customers are being quoted silly money to repair. Over £10,000 in most cases allegedly. They then come to the table and offer a 'contribution' to the grossly inflated initial quote. The customer ends up paying between £2k and £4k [allegedly] and if they as a bit naive, they are very greatful to BMW. What they don't realise in most cases is that BMW have contributed absolutely bugger-all to the repair because the initial quotes were so loaded. BMW probably don't make much money out of the job but the whole cost of the job is paid by the unfortunate owner of the 'premium' brand.

All 'allegedly' of course.

·
Registered
3 Posts
great information,i bought my juke from a local car supermarket a few days ago, only to find the air con was blowing warm air,having searched the internet and i found the juke forum which i searched and found the fault straight away, yes its the sheared off metal pipe again, just for everyones information i was told by the car supermarket to visit my local kwik fit or ats as both companies repair air con systems.
having visited ATS i was informed the replacement pipe was a staggering £520 and the total job would be £680 which included labour and fitting etc.
the car supermarket baulked at paying that amount and i dont blame them, and so the juke is booked into the local nissan dealer.
just thought people should know the cost if buying a juke that is out of manufacturers warranty, but more importantly why dont nissan do something about this problem which i understand is becoming more and more common, i can evisage soon lots of jukes will be driving round with air con inoperative.:confused:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts