Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Had aftermarket sensors fitted to a Navara, found them very handy when parking in the city. The reversing camera to be excellent in the Juke, plus being a compact its very easy to park with the mirrors.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I had them fitted to my Juke. They are good if a little too sensitive. I found the best thing was to wait for the solid beep and then go just a little bit further for luck. Otherwise I found I could have reversed a foot or two more. New car has camera which is ok except for strong sun light/rain and dark.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi all,I REACON REAR PARKING SENSORS ON ANY CAR ARE VERY HANDY,ALTHOUGH FRONT SENSORS WHICH IVE HAD FITTED ARE MORE OF HINDERANCE THAN A HELP, THEY ACTIVATE WHEN YOU FIRST START UP FOR ABOUT 10 SECONDS ALSO WHEN YOU SELECT REVERSE GEAR, AND TO ACTUALLY USE THEM YOU HAVE TO PUSH THE ACTIVATION BUTTON WHICH IS STUCK TO THE METAL ON THE RIGHT HAND SIDE OF THE GEAR STICK AND HAS WIRES COMING OUT OF IT [NOT VERY PROFESIONAL LOOKING],THEY ARE SO ANNOYING I AM GOING TO DEACTIVATE THEM. CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME HOW TO DO THIS, IE FUSE TO TAKE OUT PERHAPS. [PLEASE DONT SUGGEST I JUSTCUT THE WIRES]Now Ive had a good moan the good bits, ordered a Haptic Blue Juke Acenta Premium on 25/8/2011 picked it up on 21/9/2011 as promised, Its a 1.5 Dci with the chrome pack, arm rest, mud flaps, and the dreaded front parking sensors. Oh and I nearly forgot the trunk liner and chrome number plate surounds[very smart] donated by the dealer.As for the driving experiance Its brilliant, so far only done 292 miles and showing 53.9 MPG can only get better.

·
Registered
23 Posts
onlyjukeing said:
Hi all,I REACON REAR PARKING SENSORS ON ANY CAR ARE VERY HANDY,ALTHOUGH FRONT SENSORS WHICH IVE HAD FITTED ARE MORE OF HINDERANCE THAN A HELP, THEY ACTIVATE WHEN YOU FIRST START UP FOR ABOUT 10 SECONDS ALSO WHEN YOU SELECT REVERSE GEAR, AND TO ACTUALLY USE THEM YOU HAVE TO PUSH THE ACTIVATION BUTTON WHICH IS STUCK TO THE METAL ON THE RIGHT HAND SIDE OF THE GEAR STICK AND HAS WIRES COMING OUT OF IT [NOT VERY PROFESIONAL LOOKING],THEY ARE SO ANNOYING I AM GOING TO DEACTIVATE THEM. CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME HOW TO DO THIS, IE FUSE TO TAKE OUT PERHAPS. [PLEASE DONT SUGGEST I JUSTCUT THE WIRES]Now Ive had a good moan the good bits, ordered a Haptic Blue Juke Acenta Premium on 25/8/2011 picked it up on 21/9/2011 as promised, Its a 1.5 Dci with the chrome pack, arm rest, mud flaps, and the dreaded front parking sensors. Oh and I nearly forgot the trunk liner and chrome number plate surounds[very smart] donated by the dealer.As for the driving experiance Its brilliant, so far only done 292 miles and showing 53.9 MPG can only get better.

·
Registered
452 Posts
My front parking sensors are very good and the fitting very professional!
They only show a tiny button, fitted just in front of the gear housing console.Virtually no wire shows at all.
They operate when parking and moving slowly automatically function, although for some reason, sometimes I need to just touch the tiny button to bring the front sensors to life but that is no biggy at all!!
I am most impressed with the entire installation. They are colour coded to match the body.
Were yours a Nissan install? If so, I think you should complain.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Thanks Pilgrim for your reply regarding front parking sensors, I have now had them disconected by the dealer that fitted them. They say they were fitted as per Nissans instructions. I have also written to Nissan for their comments.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hello All.

Jukes are popular down here in Sidmouth! as are most Nissans.

I fit parking sensors, both front and rear to Nissan Jukes. If you are in East Devon then I can fit them for £99 rear or £250 front and rear. That inclides colour coding and a two year parts and labour guarantee.

Colour coding is a close match from one of 30 standard shades, for an exact match you need to spend an extra £20 for the sensor respray (prior to fitting).

Mention the Forum when booking and you get 10% of the above prices.

Want to install yourself, give me a PM and I can give you a few pointers, its not that hard - allow about 2 hours each end, and you dont have to take the bumpers off!!!!!!

Thanks, Kevin - Chamois Shine - East Devon (Google it to see my website)

·
Registered
3 Posts
I would like to fit parking sensors to the rear of my Juke

Could Kevin @ Chamois Shine post some guidance instructions or pictures ofthe install sequence. If it looks straight forward I willbuy.

Living in the North of Scotland it would not be easy to visit Devon to getfitted

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hello Derek, and thank you for your request.

Parking sensor Kit Deilvered is £50 for our standard colours, but knock 10% (Fiver) of that for being on this forum. Please let me know the colour of your Juke. if it it outside of the range of colours offered, they can be sprayed by me for £20 or you can do it yourself (before you put them on the juke)

Please PM me your E-mail address and I will send you the instructions with photo's.

Matter of trust here. When I send you the instructions, please do not share or post them here or elsewhere, at the end of the day I am trying to make a living by offering what I think is a very good value service, with what I hope is excellent support.

Many thanks

Kevin

·
Registered
12 Posts
Forgot to say, also as a matter of trust. will assume that if you are getting instructions of me and you find that you can do it, then you will buy the sensors off me. (it took 3 hours putting the instruction guide together).

Sorry to give all that blurb, but I am trying to help others so that they can help me in return.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Photo's of couple of Jukes I fitted with parking sensors.

Ice white Front and rear

And a red one with Just rear

The sensors are using stock colours, and have not had to be resprayed.

The Front sensors are installed using a switch under the dash airvent to the right of the steering wheel, this system is fully on demand, so you have to turn it on when you want it, and turn it off when you dont.

Regards

Kevin

·
Registered
20 Posts
have camera but would like rear sensors

ChamoisShine reports that colourcoded rear sensors can be added in the west country for £99. Anyone know of similar in Norfolk?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts