Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all I ordered a white dig-t tekna on Monday but wanted a 2011 reg so now I have to wait till jan an I'm busting to get it too lol

But my question is if I fit an aftermarket alarm to get total closure will it effect my warranty ? Also is black leather an option from the dealers cos in my brochure it only stated grey but I forgot to mention it on Monday

·
Registered
484 Posts
Welcome & good choice,
There is only 1 leather option in the UK, dark grey (black ish) see iamdabe black Juke pictures.

Alarm wise, the DiG-T has an alarm. Retro-fitting anything to your car can affect your warranty for the parts associated, unless dealer approved. I don't think an alarm would be a problem unless it was badly wired and caused a short circuit and fried your ECU, for example.

Your insurance company will be more interested if you're modifing the vehicle.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Stormrider said:
If you want a 2011 Reg, you'll have to wait until March...
I thought that when i read it first, but as he is in N.Ireland and have a different reg system I guess he just wants it registered in 2011, mind as a DIG-T model is what he wants likely hood of getting it earlier would have been remote anyway.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
no they have different plates to us and different V5 not sure if the have year plates either

they used to have plates like eyz 1234 not sure if its still the same

·
Registered
142 Posts
I guess you'd need to carry both, the "keyless" fob will have a transponder built in, unless an aftermarket alarm could be programmed to work with the existing fob?
I understand that a cars year of manufacture has a bigger bearing on its value than its plate

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Stormrider said:
Why wouldn't it work with the keyless remote?
the keyless system automatically unlocks the car and locks it on approach and walkaway
if you then install a system that works on a fob which will activate
personally i wouldn't mess around with that kind of electronics but i am sure the decent alarm installers will know what they need to do etc etc

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
deks36 said:
the keyless system automatically unlocks the car and locks it on approach and walkaway
Wrong ;) the keyless fob just allows you to unlock it by pressing a button on the door handle without you taking the keys out your pocket, you still have to lock/unlock the doors. Oh it also allows you to start the car without having to physically put a key in the ignition.

·
Registered
659 Posts
iamdabe - I have keyless on the Volvo. You just walk up to it and open the door. On the Juke do you have to press the button and then open?
Locking on the Volvo IS press a button on the handle and walk away.
I just expect to be able to amble up to the Juke as I do the Volvo with the 'keys' in my pocket and pull the door open.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
iamdabe said:
deks36 said:
Wrong ;) the keyless fob just allows you to unlock it by pressing a button on the door handle without you taking the keys out your pocket, you still have to lock/unlock the doors. Oh it also allows you to start the car without having to physically put a key in the ignition.
take your word for it as i dont have and wont be getting it but the person demonstrating it to me on pre launch roadshow led me to believe it unlocked it as you walked up to it how i stand corrected if wrong
you will know better than me as you have it on your car i just wrote i what i was told and what i have read see post below
Edited by: deks36

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
just to add googled it and came up with this from nissan

<h2>
Advanced key</h2>

The advanced key enables drivers to unlock and start their car without taking their hands of their pockets.

A proximity sensor inside the car door identifies the key when the driver is within 1.5m of the vehicle.
<h2>
Nissan car intelligent key system</h2>

Nissan advanced key system for cars is known as the intelligent key. All
the vehicles in the Nissan car range come equipped with the intelligent
key system

·
Registered
142 Posts
ooook without taking your hands out of your pockets????????
who opens the door for you and why does it have a start button then?

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
simps said:
ooook without taking your hands out of your pockets????????
who opens the door for you and why does it have a start button then?
wife opens the door for me and is always pushing my buttons

1 - 17 of 17 Posts