Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everybody,
Hope this is the right place to post my question....
So i ordered my Juke in Sept and was given an estimated delivery date of Oct. Then the dealer calls to say November and now it has been pushed to December. Problem is I'm doing a part exchange with my old car and now since the dates have changed I now have to pay to get my current car serviced, MOT, Taxed etc, hoping I'd have my Juke before all this was due.
Going to the dealer this weekend to try and see if there's anything they can do to move things along, if not then I may have to cancel my order as it'll end up costing more. Another thing is I've put down £500 deposit, so i'm worried I'll lose it if canceling. Has anyone managed to cancel and get their deposit back? Really sucks, as I love the car
Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks!

·
Registered
754 Posts
So i ordered my Juke in Sept and was given an estimated delivery date of Oct. Then the dealer calls to say November and now it has been pushed to December.
Annoying isn't it.
Problem is I'm doing a part exchange with my old car and now since the dates have changed I now have to pay to get my current car serviced, MOT, Taxed etc, hoping I'd have my Juke before all this was due.

Would you really need to service it?
Two real options. Hand it in for part exchange now, even though you haven't yet got your Juke. A few people on here have done that. If you need a car then see if the dealer can lend you one, if not hiring a car may be cheaper than the MOT, tax etc. though you would get unused months' tax back eventually.
The other option is to see if your dealer has any cancelled orders. By changing colour I was able to find a Juke with an earlier delivery date, so I'm now looking at 1 weeks time rather than 7!

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Yep - I agree, speak with dealer - see if an alternative deal can be done - if not - look around, there are cancelled orders all over - you may just have to change colour

GOod luck

Fee xEdited by: feefeeglasgow

·
Registered
142 Posts
in many cases the garage will MOT it for you in the intervening time, assuming they have the facility to do it

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
I am surprised the dealer is taking the car without 12 months MOT on it anyway
last time p/x something that needed MOT as it was due in 2 months they insisted it had 12 months on it before p/x

·
Registered
659 Posts
You poor thing. These tales of woe are becoming ever more common. Not good.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow, thanks for replying everyone. You've provided some sound advice.
Going to the dealer tomorrow, so fingers crossed we can work something out.
The car really is a beauty would be a real shame to cancel!
Appreciate your advice....such lovely people you are, Thanks!

·
Registered
97 Posts
you think you got problems i ordered my juke delivery date 24th December and last week the power steering failed on my 06 grande punto 1.9. and you don't want to know what my bill was for that it scares me to think about what i paid out

·
Registered
377 Posts
Hi All,
Mine only had 6 Months MOT left, I PX'd it early & got a better deal for it.

I hope you manage to get it sorted out.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Any luck with your dealer Tabu?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts