Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi fellow Jukers!

I ordered my Juke last night and the dealer said i can expect to have it by the end of the month which is fab if they can turn it around that fast.
I have a personalised number plate which i need to get transferred from my MINI so that the Juke can be registered with it. I have to take my V5 to the dealer and they sort it from there. Has anyone else had to do this? How long did it take? Did it delay you picking up your car?

It will have a slight delay because I got married recently and my V5 still says the car is registered to me in my maiden name so I have posted it off today to get amended. Everything else; driving licence, insurance is in my married name butI just hadn't done the V5.Fingers crossed they will send it back to me and I can get my car!

·
Registered
78 Posts
You will have to wait for the new v5 to come back from DVLA with your married name. That should take around 10 days. You can then process thecherished transfer. Dealer can sortby applying for docs from DVLA. End of month may be do-able, good luck. Edited by: datsundealer

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have personalised plates on both of my cars normally and have the one to go on the Juke on retention which I will sort out myself by going to the local DVLA office, never had an issue with them.
What I would watch out for is your tax disc, if it has a long time to run you need to get the timing right otherwise you could loose it, with my wife's mini I changed the car her plate was on back to the original and waited for the new V5 and then claimed the tax back whilst still owning the car, handed the car in without a tax disc and handed the V5 over when I got the money, 5 days later. I suppose it's about how much is left on it, I had 11 months left.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That is fab Lady Juke, I hope mine gets done that quick. I am really impatient and just want my car now!

·
Registered
412 Posts
In the past the dealer has done this for us, the downside is that you old car's documents are returned to you with the new reg number which you then have to give to the dealer so that he can sell your PX car.
For this purchase we have put our plate on retention and had the dealer make up the new plate whith thier info on our car that will be PX's, so that it can go directly onto the forecourt.
When our Juke is due we will give the retention certificate to the dealership for first registration and arrange the tranfer of the insurance.
Should be quite easy to achieve, without much pain. Just got to tell the new salesman dealing with our sale, that he is aware of the private plate as the original guy has left.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Can a photocopy of the retention document be used by the dealers??

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
marmajuke said:
Can a photocopy of the retention document be used by the dealers??
I dont think so I had to give the dealer my retention certificate when I wanted mine putting on my car

·
Registered
412 Posts
If the dealer was registering online, a photocopy may be OK. But this was not possible with us as the DVLA website allows for only 15 characters for the owners name, any more than that will require the origional for it to be registerd manually at DVLA.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Thanks Deks and Bakertech. Rung dealer today now I amback from holidays and he is saying they now need the original.My dealer took a photocopy of the Retention documents over 2 months ago. Wasplanning to pick car up this week, now only got another 4 weeks to wait then.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
dont think it will be that long if they are registering it new mine was at the dealers on the 3rd of Nov I collected it on the 5th with plate on it dealers register new cars from their premises these days I believe but they will need the proper paperwork
if they are saying it will take 4 weeks then get it on a normal plate and do the transfer yourself

·
Registered
233 Posts
Deks, Nissan (not the dealer)have already registered the vehicle on 15th July, so this needs to be a transfer. It should have been done 2 weeks ago. I have emailled <name removed> for her advice as she is now overseeing the case. Dealerhas saidthe admin girl is off sick so nothing has been done. Will speak to Helen tomorrow.</font>
Just want this over with. My Hubby has said the same, to just pick the car up and do it myself.Another four weeks and I could of had a new reg. ARGH!</font>Edited by: deks36

1 - 12 of 12 Posts