Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I seem to recall a post on hear referring to Insurance, but I cant for the life of me find it.

Has anyone had the problem when Insuring your vehicle that the Insurance company cant find your model???
Mine said they couldn't find the 'sport' version it was either just visia, Acenta or Tekna.
I'm not sure if it makes a difference I told them it was a sport but I need to be sure as I know what Insurance companies can be like when push comes to shove !!!!!

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Deej

i insured with Sheils Wheels - part of ESURE - they only had Acenta on their list - i had to get them to manually add - Connect, alloys, privacy glass etc on their modification list to insure me....

I know there have been issues with this one.

you just need to make sure thay have all the additions

Fee

·
Registered
22 Posts
Well my understanding is that it comes in Visia/Acenta/Tekna. The Acenta comes with a "sport pack" and a "premium pack" which makes it sound like they are add on extras, but not in reality a different model!? Maybe that is how the insurance company is interpreting it?!
Could always do a quick check on gocompare or similar to see if that anomoly comes up anywhere else.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Both go compare and meerkat only have Acenta listed. No mention of sport or premium

·
Registered
22 Posts
There ya go, it would appear that they only have the 3 mainstream models listed. The Sport and Premium are add ons. Like Fee said you may have to get them to add on the extras seperately.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
jukeboxjury said:
Well my understanding is that it comes in Visia/Acenta/Tekna. The Acenta comes with a "sport pack" and a "premium pack" which makes it sound like they are add on extras, but not in reality a different model!? Maybe that is how the insurance company is interpreting it?!
Could always do a quick check on gocompare or similar to see if that anomoly comes up anywhere else.
#

Hi - i think you misunderstood - yes they did have Visia/Acenta and Tekna

but didn't have any other derivatives of the above... they didn't have Sport or Premium on their list.

Sorry if i didn't make myself clear enough... hungry.. on a diet.... all I can think of is dinner...

fee

·
Registered
22 Posts
It's ok Fee, I did understand, but I was writing my post whilst you were already posting yours!
Mine would have made more sense if it was directly underneath Deejs first post!

Anyways, it happens with insurance companies where they only have the mainstream models and the extra ones like the Sport and Premium arent listed. Technically they are an Acenta etc.
But as long as everyone declares what they have to the Ins Company, there should be no issues. :)

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
mine too only had acenta delivered and I too had to list all the extras found on the premium to them
make certain you do this otherwise it will cause you issues if you need to claim

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just spoke to my Insurance company, they said they just list them by model i.e. acenta etc and the horsepower, I did manage to get her to add that it was a sport, but she said it really didn't matter.
Many thanks for your input on this everyone.

·
Registered
309 Posts
the cars are insurance grouped by the models...no need to add all the sport/premium accessories on...just the BHP type

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
brownjnr said:
the cars are insurance grouped by the models...no need to add all the sport/premium accessories on...just the BHP type
yeah right wait til you try to claim for the extra costs involved with either of the trim upgrades
2 insurance companies i got quotes from wanted to know what the extras where and clearly stated anything not disclosed to them would not be covered

·
Registered
33 Posts
Agree with deks36, insurance company wanted to know all the extras and advised if not listed would not be covered. Worth the extra £4 a year extra to cover them.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts