Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody have a "two stage" accelerator pedal? Difficult to describe - but if you "floor" the pedal, you think it's down all the way. Then if you really press it down hard again, it goes further?
Is my pedal getting stuck on the carpet, and the last hard effort is just to compress the carpet? Or is this last bit of stiff travel part of the kick down mechanism for auto boxes? (Mine is manual, but maybe pedal mechanism is common?)
Or is the last part of my pedal travel frozen??? (See earlier rant about screenwash - I hate the cold!)

·
Registered
175 Posts
Hi there,

This is the over-ride mechanism for the speed limiter.. for safety, you need to be able to over-ride the set speed quicklyif required so this is achieved by pressing the pedal completely to the floor..

So don't worry, there isn't a fault with your car..

·
Registered
443 Posts
Also I'd your on Eco and you need to shift.
On the non turbo you need that or you can jump out and push lol.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the answers guys. Eco is terrible! I can't decide if Sport is actually any good, or if its just so much better than Eco!

·
Registered
443 Posts
Normal should be your most used one.
But we should all do our bit and use Eco when we can.global warming is bad in the uk

·
Registered
873 Posts
I have had it in eco for the past couple of weeks as it really helps handling in the snow, stops too much power getting to the wheels etc. It's not all that bad when you get used to it for a while, but nice to have it back in sport again now everything has melted around here :p

Can't say it exactly gives much of a power boost pushing the pedal past the resistance point... it's just there to override the speed limiter really.
Edited by: Stormrider

1 - 6 of 6 Posts