Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

Quick one, I pulled up the other day at a friends house and noticed "liquid" drooling from underneath about one third the way back beneath my Juke. Now, I am presuming that this is from the air conditioning, which I now run on auto all the time. The fluid (which I tasted and sniffed!) appears to be plain water. It's coming from a small round rubber hole, is this normal?

Thanks guys!

Duncs

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
As Deks says, sounds just like condensation.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Yep agree with jukearmy- I get it with my current VW and if you're ever out and about most cars in a carpark will be just the same
nowt to worry about

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
12Inchmick said:
Brave to lick and sniff it though............
12inch
****.......I had ran through several comebacks to that one, thought I had better leave it though!

Thanks guys for the replies

Dunces

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
I felt like a right wally after taking mine in for a suspected leak only to discover it was the air con drain....

At least now you know!!!

Fee x

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So, with continual AC use, how long will it last until it needs serviced / topped up?

Thanx
Duncs

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
snowysdad said:
So, with continual AC use, how long will it last until it needs serviced / topped up?

Thanx

Duncs
I dont think its the fluid from the system its the moisture in the air being drawn out
All aircon systems require maintainance during their life I would not like to suggest when but if it doesnt work it probably wants a re gas .

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
I was advised that it would getSERVICE at every dealer service - I was also advised to use it at least oncea week otherwise the filter would need replaced more often and a fusty smell would appear in the cabin if it wasnt regularly used

i dont know the technical terms but unless it is used regularly- it'll need servicing more often

Fee x

·
Registered
416 Posts
Don't know if once a week is necessary but switch it on occasionally to keep it working efficiently.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Apparantly if you get that fusty smell with the aircon, it can be a sign that there is some sort of bacteria in the system... Sounds gross .. i know
Fee

·
Registered
489 Posts
When we lived in the States we used to recharge our own about everycoupleof years...you can do it youselfby adding refrigerant (20 minute job in the Florida heat) or can just take it to somewhere like Kwik Fit who I think charge around £50 for an A/C recharge -

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
feefeeglasgow said:
Apparantly if you get that fusty smell with the aircon, it can be a sign that there is some sort of bacteria in the system... Sounds gross .. i know
Fee
A friend of mine thought it would be funny to hide a rolled up Kipper in our curtain rail, it stank for a month or more!.....revenge was sweet, but I can't publish it here!! :)

Duncs

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
snowysdad said:
feefeeglasgow said:

Fee

A friend of mine thought it would be funny to hide a rolled up Kipper in our curtain rail, it stank for a month or more!.....revenge was sweet, but I can't publish it here!! :)

Duncs
My mate had this done to his car, to get the guy back he filled his air vents with talc. Even 3 years later every time the guy went over a bump talc would still blow out haha

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
snowysdad said:

Duncs
Please tell.....

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
indeed now we all wanna know.
oo kats get the pics?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts