Nissan Juke Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This morning Nissan European Technical Centre, based in Cranfield are hosting a meeting to discuss this issue and develop a corrective measure, following this a bulletin will be issued to our network shortly.<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

We are developing a robust solution and customers should report the issue to their dealership in the normal way, alternatively you can contact Nissan Customer Services on 01923 899 334.

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
@ Nissan Motor GB LTD:

Thanks for the information.

Do you know if cars about to be made (both here and in Japan) will have a better 'paint job', as many of us are 'in waiting'?

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
I have moved the first post to a thread of its own as I feel it needs to be in a prominent place and tucked away in another thread is not the best place for viewing

I emailed Nissan myself this morning for an update and was assured it was on going and what is said above is what was said to me in the email.
I think the right action is being taken this isn't a quick fix and we should allow Nissan the time to resolve the issue permanently rather than a quick fix that will go wrong at a later date

·
Registered
415 Posts
Deks, I think we should thank you for persuing this matter. If Nissan also get back to me I will let you know.

To be fair to Nissan they have take note of the complaints and acted upon them.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
bakertech said:
Deks, I think we should thank you for persuing this matter. If Nissan also get back to me I will let you know.

To be fair to Nissan they have take note of the complaints and acted upon them.
I cant take credit for persuing this, I merely have posted a few comments and emailed a friend in Nissan for his imput, to be honest if I was involved in so many other things at this time I may have created a bit of a stir on the issue but in fairness to Nissan they seem to be sorting the problem quickly without a boot up the backside,

as Nissan have said contact your local dealer to advise them of the defect and it will be sorted
hopefully by now all dealers will have had the bulletin update on how to sort the problem permanently

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Had a call today from my contact in Nissan, advised me a bulletin was
being issued today to all dealers acknowledging the issue, as yet a
permanent fix hasn't been found but they are working on it and will update
accordingly.

I personally would sit and wait until the issue is sorted before having any rectification work undertaken

oh and if your dealer says they are unaware of the problem tell them to check their bulletins
Edited by: deks36

·
Registered
415 Posts
Had a follow up call from Jenny at Nissan, just to say that they will continue to up date me when they have more information to give on this matter. They are also in contact with Nissan Europe.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
I have just had a message from Nissan, 2 Jukes have had repair done and were undergoing shake tests at their research centre they are awaiting the outcome of the tests shorlty and will then know if the fault has been rectified, once this is established only then will Nissan give the go ahead for rectidication.
suza fan elsewhere on the forum this issue has been discussed the paint is chipping off the bumper need the edge where it meets the wing. All Jukes will be affected by this as its a design fault

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Thanks for the update Deks

·
Registered
22 Posts
Reported the flaking on both sides of my front bumper last week to dealer and now have just reported flaking on rear bumper just under the reversing light on passenger side. Anyone else checked for that?

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Jaystar said:
Reported the flaking on both sides of my front bumper last week to dealer and now have just reported flaking on rear bumper just under the reversing light on passenger side. Anyone else checked for that?
now that is an interesting development I will watch this with interest

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
An update via email from Nissan this morning basically saying further modifications are still needed
so at this time a permanent fix is still not sorted

·
Registered
102 Posts
Thanks for keeping us all informed on the forum Deks I'm sure you have saved many a wasted journey into the dealers to be given little information

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Met with contact from Nissan yesterday, at present still no word on a permanent fix for the bumpers issue. He did say he would chase them up next week for an update on the issue, seems this is harder to solve than Nissan thought(my view not that of Nissan)
Edited by: deks36

·
Registered
133 Posts
Well they better hurry up All of us with this paint issue have bare metal exposed

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Just got off the phone with Nissan seems a fix is very close they are testing the latest modification as we speak and will get back to me as soon as they are happy its a permanent remedy, then they will contact the dealers to inform them to undertake necessary repairs, so should not be too long now

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
This is good news.

Can we assume that models coming off the production line hereafter won't have any of the paint issues?

1 - 20 of 60 Posts