Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well we got the Juke with the spolier fitted by the dealeras promised on the 22nd....... However ...... Whilst putting the first fill up in it I noticed a blemish/translucent blob on the fuelflap then around the flap and bits up the offside rear quarter going towards , you guessed it the spoiler. Looks like they've dripped some of the bonding agent on the bodywork whilst fitting the spolier, which fairplay these things happen I'm just wondering if they well admit the mistake and resolve.

My issue is I've dealt with this dealerships service/bodyshop department before after a previous car was in for a service and came back with laquar peeling off the bonnet, as if it'dbeen sat under a ramp with brake fluid or something dripping on it. They swore black is white even then thoughtheir panel check sheet showed the car to be mark free. I strongly suspect when it comes to this glue on the Juke they will go for the deny deny deny approach.

The sales guy who is 1st class said he will call me tomorrow once the departments are back in and get it sorted however it's the bodyshop who will need to resolve at there expense and that is where I see it falling down, I hope I'm wrong but once bitten twice shy. Saving grace being this is a leased vehicle so perhaps the leasing company could push the issue if we have no luck?

Any advice fora happy resolution welcome!?Edited by: Kennyf

·
Registered
329 Posts
Cant really offer any advice other than take it back and DEMAND they sort it....
Then learn from the old once bitten addage and go elsewhere in the future!!!

Andy

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
True , true. The thing is the sales guys are friends of her cousin as the cousin works for the company and they always do an amazing deal for us. It's the other departments that let it down in my opinion but that said they might prove me wrong this time.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Knowing Arnold Clark - I think if its an OBVIOUS issue, especially if they have added accessories on for you, they will be OK.

I also think if you have the Sales team on your side, they should back you up. That said, is this the first time you have spotted the fault? Theres always the get out clause that they'll say its something YOU have done...

I have always had issues resolved with Arnold Clark.. Good luck Kenny - keep us posted

Fee x

·
Registered
329 Posts
Fee,

You must have different Arnold Clarks in weegee land compared to the branches up here in Aberdeenshire!

The branches up here are TERRIBLE for aftersales. They are all nicey nicey until the day you have bought and driven away the car, then, they do not give a t%ss.

Im speaking from 10 years of experience - they used to sell their cars cheap, so you took the poor aftersales as the penalty for getting a great deal.

Also, my son worked for them for 5 years - my word he could tell me some stories of .....well, lets just say less than expected practices.

Andy

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Hi Andy

Perhaps I have just been lucky......????

I have bought 10 cars from Arnold Clark since 2003 and have only had major issues with 1 of them (RENAULT)

I can only hope Kenny has the same luck... ( We can but live in hope - it is a new year after all!!)

fee x

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Fee I've had major run ins with the "after sales" team with this branch with a car before so a bit doubtful of how it will be dealt with. The timescale is an issue I must admit but its translucent so isn't noticeable at all until under scrutiny, to look at just looks like water droplets.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well after one visit it was all sorted there and then, was really easy no hasstle and much appreciated. Really impressed with the dealer service , long may it continue.

So to name and not shame.

David at Nissan Rob Royston, Glasgow.... I salute you!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts