Nissan Juke Owners Club banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A very strange thing happened this morning.
I went out to start the juke, defrost etc before setting off for work.
I noticed that there was some snow lying on the front passenger seat, nothing drastic thankfully just some powdery stuff.
So I leaned over to touch the passenger side window...and it wasn't there

It had been open all night presumably. I know for a fact that I didnt drive home 20 miles with it down, so wtf??
I have no idea how it could be open, I didnt touch the electric window button and I dont see how I could have done it accidently while getting out of the car, as I always remove ignition key before I get out.

Very, very odd....

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Marie

Exactly the same thing happened in my Qashqai last year during the cold weather spell. My passenger (front window) was completely opened the following morning and the passenger seat was COVERED in snow!!!!

Like you - i do not recall having it opened. particularly in the very cold weather but there was no explanation for it. Checked window and it was fine, no loose connections or anything found.

OOOHHH SCARY..................................

Fee x

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats freaky Fee, but at least I know I'm not going mad

I wonder what the explanation is though...the common denominator is the snow/cold it seems.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Funny that....
last weekend I was sat in my car waiting for my wife to appear when a brand-new Mondeo pulled up alongside. It was very cold & raining cats & dogs at the time & I saw two people get out, I watched as the driver locked the car with his remote & walk away. After a few minutes I watched both front windows wind down... I looked around & there was nobody around... 5 mins later my wife arrived & we drove away. I bet the Mondeo seats were soaked when the owner got back.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Very strange

I've just asked my boyfriend about it as he works in GH services and he's never heard of it happening!

Gremlins?

The same ones that get into my wardrobe and shrink my clothes?

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
not had it on my Juke but my skoda superb that i had on 1 occasion i came out to find all 4 windows open i think its just one of those little electronic gremlins that any number of things can set off and sadly i would say its highly un likely to be a solveable issue
thankfully after that it never happened again

·
Registered
130 Posts
What!!!!!!

Unacceptable, if it happens once when I get mine it's going back to the dealer!
Might as well hang the keys up on the nearest tree with a luminous "steal me" sign attached to them.........this is crazy, I would not be happy!Edited by: snowysdad

·
Registered
56 Posts
snowysdad said:
What!!!!!!

Unacceptable, if it happens once when I get mine it's going back to the dealer!
Might as well hang the keys up on the nearest tree with a luminous "steal me" sign attached to them.........this is crazy, I would not be happy!
Heel boy
Hasen't happened yet!

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Well - the snow was lying piled up on the car today and ALL WINDOWS REMAINED UP - thank goodness.

Our suspected theory of cold temperature, didnt hold up today (minus 5)

Fee x

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thankfully mine stayed up too, considering the big snowfall.
Still weird....

·
Registered
69 Posts
some cars have an automatic opening for windows for the likes of if you want to leave your dog in the car or for ventalation on a hot day.
one of my previous cars had this. if you press the lock key and hold it then it opened the windows a bit.
easy to do if you put your key in your pocket or bag and it presses against something.
worth checking the manual

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hi before getting our Juke we had a Ford s-Max which as Global open , so if yoy lock you car and have left a window open you can hold down the lock button on the remote and it closes the windows, in summer you can hold down the unlock button and open all the windows , not tried that on the Juke

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Hi robbohog

Nah - tried that tonight - nothing happened window stayed down.

I wonder if someone with a Tekna could try that to see if it works on that....

Fee x

·
Registered
443 Posts
Well .nothing in any of the manuals lists an auto open or close options .
They do have anti pinch.on the drivers auto up side.
The BCM shuts down systems over a length of time.and waits till a signal from a door switch or remote unlock let's it know someone is about .so its possible a stray signal from a transmitter confused it.
Very difficult to say as its not reproducible .
I looked on network calls.that were we as tec,s can post questions to other tec,s in the uk network .nothing on there.Edited by: Juke-of-earl

1 - 19 of 19 Posts