Nissan Juke Owners Club banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a good idea for the manufacturers to implement in the near future. I think it would be great to set up cameras in the nissan factory and once they start building your car they send an e-mail with a link so you can watch your precious being put together. Or at least e-mail some still shots of it as it gets through each stage of manufacture.

Like being at the birth

·
Registered
133 Posts
But what is the actual build time for an individual car? minutes i would say.

I also think they wouldnt want to do it in case the cameras catch staff doing something they shouldnt be doing. From shoddy work standards, to picking their noses or scratching their asses!!

·
Registered
561 Posts
insanojackson said:
But what is the actual build time for an individual car? minutes i would say.

I also think they wouldnt want to do it in case the cameras catch staff doing something they shouldnt be doing. From shoddy work standards, to picking their noses or scratching their asses!!

As long they build the car i dont care

·
Registered
247 Posts
" picking their noses or scratching their asses"

Or worse, scratching their noses and... never mind.

But yeah, I could see this being an invitation to disaster, and while I love the idea, it also doesn't take into account the fact that just because a car starts out as 'yours' it could still fail quality control and be delayed or worse.

perhaps an email or delivery pack that showed your car through it's various stages of construction would be cool, but even then, the nature of a construction line means that you wouldn't necessarily tell what was your car, or one of the 40 (?) others that went through during that hour.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Volkswagen have a camera in their factory I believe where they build the Phaeton maybe its not such a good idea to say this is your car but a webcam at some stages might be fun
Edited by: deks36

1 - 6 of 6 Posts