Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from an 800 mile return trip from Lincs to Oban in the Juke.
It averaged 38.1 (on the display), generally returning about 33 on the Mways, and 40+ on the A/B roads, however the over-careful fuel warning display becomes a pain on long trips, even when all the increment lines have vanished from the display, and long after the milage-to-go flashes blank, I could still only get 39 litres in the tank.

Other than that though, the car was amazing on such a long and varied run. OK it could benefit from a 6th gear on the Mways, but it's well refined and quiet, and the seats still comfy after many hours in the saddle. The driving position is superb, visibility top notch, and the car always felt sure footed on all road surfaces - including those ravaged by the ice.

I drove back from Oban to Loch Lomond in the dark, and the standard headlights are the best I've had on a new vehicle, due no doubt to the flat facing 'rally' style.

I know radio reception in patchy in the highlands, but Radio 2 was non-existant, and little better on much of the journey. Stangely Radio 1 was a lot more reliable.

The car did attract a fair bit of attention at various times, especially in Oban, where they were cut off by 6" of snow the previous day. Also, I guess it was the first Juke to be Valet parked at Cameron House Hotel on Loch Lomond (and squashed in between all the BM's/Merc's) - gosh that was a nice hotel, expensive but very nice.

I'm very sure that if I'd had to do the same trip in any type of Mini, Mito, A1, etc. I wouldn't have got back feeling as refreshed, and as confident in the cars abilities to have tackled the difficult road conditions and surfaces at speed and in comfort. I'm comparing it to my new E220, a car which Autocar have described 'the best riding car on steel springs', yet the Juke was not a poor relation. Sure the ride can be a bit 'jiggly' on less smooth Mways, but it makes up for it on the pothole covered A/B roads.

The little 1.6 petrol is great for its size, it's torquey enough at low revs, and sporty enough when you start to let the revs fly.

Having upgraded the front speakers before the trip, I even had a pretty good quality sound track to accompany me (but not Radio 2
)

So with 1,300 miles on the clock, I'm an even bigger fan

·
Registered
32 Posts
Glad to hear that you enjoyed your 800 mile round trip.

I do a fair bit of motorway driving from Surrey to Cambridgeshire each week and agree that the 1.6 petrol could do with a 6th gear too- I was about to write a post about it but you beat me to it! It seems to rev quite high and I also wonder that if it did have a 6th gear would it be better on fuel consumption??

I seem to be averaging around 38-39mpg - haven't gone over 40 and I too find the fuel guage somewhat over cautious. The 'range' seems to change really quickly when just covering a couple of miles, so I don't know how reliable it is really. How long have you driven when all the numbers have gone to 00000?

Other than that, I still absolutely love the look of thecar and find the comfort and driving position brilliant too.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
tillyanna said:
Glad to hear that you enjoyed your 800 mile round trip.

How long have you driven when all the numbers have gone to 00000?
Thanks for the response.

I did push the limit coming back and ignored the 00000 when I was leaving the M74 at Penrith, hoping to make it about 50 miles to Scotch Corner knowing that filling stations are as rare as Jukes on the A66!

I bottled it though 12 miles from Scotch Corner and used the Sat Nav to find a filling station in Barnard Castle. I was living dangerously, since I've noted that the POI's on Nissan Connect are well out of date, and many stations have now closed down.

I then managed to get 43 litres in the tank, but had prob done about 80 miles since the warning light first came on, and 40 since it had said 000000.

I did however find the tank a bit difficult to 'brim', and it had first clicked off at 41 litres, and taking it slow I managed to get in another 2. Even then I wasn't sure it was totally full.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Thanks for all your valuable information. My petrol Acenta definitely revs high compared to the Suzuki swift I owned before. It's about 3500 to 3800 at 70mph.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts