Nissan Juke Owners Club banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When we first seen a Juke on the road.. But it wasn't actually on the road.. it was at a dealership.. My wife and I sat in it for the first time, we didn't even take it for a test drive.. The mer fact that I could sit in it was enough and sold us..
So, we wait.. and still no Jukes on the road.. yet8 months passed and several dealers later.. We had to drive out of state just to get a great deal on a new Juke.. But there was an issue.. The juke had a few miles on it.. more then what we've experienced before in the past.. Wife was concerned and a question:
What determines a used car from a new car (milage wise)
I went to our .GOV site and found out that the dealer (or sub dealer) can keep the car as long as they wanted and putting no more then 10,000 miles on it, before it is considered Used.. I couldn't believe it.. Thus we have never been in that situation before it's good we have questions like this..
Well there is some good news.. we can honestly say there is one Juke on our part of the road.. and I see heads turning and fingers pointing.. (In a good way)

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
10,000 miles before it becomes used? thats crazy!!
If i get my juke with more than 20miles on the clock i will not be a happy camper at all lol

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
Speaking personally, a car is used if it has more distance on it than delivery distance, and has been 'used' for a purpose, such as demonstrating to a potential buyer.

Anyone trying to tell me that a car in GB with over 1000 km/625 miles (being a bit more than the total drivable length of the country
) on it isn't 'used' is going to get short shrift from me.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Meaga..
Lets not get confused here.. Our Juke didn't have 10,000 miles on it.. thats just the Governments standards for classifying used cars from new cars etc.. and I negated to mention.. The bill of sale/title has to be untacked or in other words.. has never changed hands before..

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
no i got your point. i was saying that the goverment needs to change that ruling or law.
I dont think anyone would buy a "new" car with even half that millage in it lol,
Not without a hefty discount anywho

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
Then the Government is out of kilter with common sense, unless the cars are delivered by driving them from Anchorage, Alaska up through Canada, pop over to Greenland for a light luncheon, back down the east side, nip into Miami for salsa and chips, all the way round to Brownsville TX. Then do it again, just for fun

·
Registered
316 Posts
A vehicle is 'used', ie not new, when it's registered. The person for whom it is registered is the first owner.
A car with number plates is registered - to someone. Demonstrator vehicles are registered to the dealership, when the dealership finally sells them they do so as used cars.
All those vehicles without plates on the forecourt or being dusted daily in the showroom are new.
I suppose there is a regulation somewhere stipulating how many miles the dealer is allowed to drive it before they are compelled to register it.
I can't imagine anyone having the barefaced cheek to put significant mileage on an unregistered car and then sell it as new - that's why they keep demonstrators.
There's delivery mileage, of course, if the car has to be driven to the dealership instead of arriving on a transporter.
I once test drove an unregistered car, but that was only because they ordered it as a demonstrator and I got to drive it first - covered in protective tape (the car, not me) - and I then bought it.

·
Registered
63 Posts
hah don't we all.. and more on the way.. we love to travel and explore.. I think next trip maybe down to North Carolina, Virginia & Tennessee. (mini trips) Then we are going to one major trip.. Prob out west..
Edited by: JukeAttitude

1 - 12 of 12 Posts