Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dont worry, I am not going to sl*g off the Juke, but thought I would give an honest and frank review of living with the Juke for 8 months.

I bought a Premium Acenta Force Red petrol. At first we loved our Juke. It was a head turner. It was fun to drive, but after several months, the honeymoon has ended. For my family and I, the Juke just doesn't meet our needs for a family car. "But it's not a family car" some of you are most likely screaming at me at this point. And, I guess now, looking back I should have worked this out.

But taking the compactness aside, here are the other reasons we hav chosen to abandon our Juke...

- Gear change. It's clunky. I thought it would wear in, but no, it's as clunky now as it was from day one.
- Ride comfort. Blimey it's firm, every pot hole felt. In fact it feels like a pebble could be placed in the road and it vibrates up our spine as you drive over it. I've had 4x4s less firm.
- Economy. If you think you're going to get what the official figures show, forget it. Nowhere near. I'm filling up the tank more than my stomach.
- Boot space. Great for shopping, but don't expect to get anything more than a few carrier bags in the back. I guess this s my own fault, if I wanted a bigger boot, I should have bought a bigger car, but this is my snag list as to why I have sold my Juke.

Look, I like the Juke. It's a good little car. It looks fantastic on the road. Just not so good as a day-to-day family vehicle. If you have a family, I advise you think seriously about the purchase and don't be seduced by its looks.

If you're a Juke owner, happy Juking.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hi , I understand, love my juke but it is our second car and would never be the only car we have. Driving on the motorway constantly would bug me with only five gears, small boot perfect for my shopping but not for much else , ie suitcases if we were going to our caravan. BUT , I still love it and as I said for us , a perfect second car x

·
Registered
422 Posts
I agree that it isn't a family car. However, the back seats are reasonably roomy for two. The boot is small when the seats are up but quite adequate for two when the seats are down. They split as well, so even three people have adequate luggage space when needed. Luggage for four people is more than tight though.

No, probably wouldn't have it as the only family car if I wished to carry four or five people long distances regularly along with luggage.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Can't argue with that, at least you tried it!
Still not got mine (I'm sounding like a stuck record, I know), but I've chosen it as we don't have any kids, don't want any kids and I think the back is big enough for two Yorkshire terriers. And my previous car of almost 9 years is a Ford Ka so the Juke is massive

Thanks for the honest write up.

·
Registered
24 Posts
HiHad my juke about a month, its also a second car, to be honest i find the gears fine, not clunky, also the rides fine for me pretty smooth and i live where there are many pot holes and speed humps (Pain) but i guess i am comparing the ride with my first car a Porsche 911 Carrera...now that you can feel every pebble on the road..but get her on the motorway diff car all together...and yes i agree the Juke is deff missing a 6th gear

·
Registered
422 Posts
The gearchange is a pleasure on mine, a six speeder [diesel] though. The suspension is firm and sporty but nothing like as hard and unforgiving as an old Fiesta XR2 or a first generation BMW X3.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I'm on my second Juke and the gears have been improved immensly. My first juke was really clunky but the gears on my new one are spot on.

Can't argue about the boot space though my other half constantly moans about it but apart from that she loves the Juke :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
I was warned about the gearbox an was advised by a fellow juker buy a diesal, I bought a petrol!the acenta sport and altho compared to my mini I did notice the gearbox as soon as drove it away but until I have read your blog have never gave it a second thought but think it must of bedded in. I totally agree Nissan a 6th would be better and was shocked it didn't have one, Potholes are ok for me and have to say I get 2 daddylng leg Teenagers in back no problem Ilove mine I traded my lovely mini in for it and tbh prefer the juuke to drive but do miss my 6th gear

·
Registered
383 Posts
My gear change is very good, six speed, and the ride is ok, better than my Fiesta Zetec S which was hard. I have two teenagers and they fit in the back without problem or complaint.

The Juke is meant to be sporty and is a compact range car, my wife's MinI Cooper S is harder suspension wise and has a smaller boot.

What did you swap to maple?Edited by: Rattly

·
Registered
22 Posts
My Juke Accenta petrol replaced a 2006 Grande Punto.<div id="isChromeWebToolbarDiv" style="display:none">Roughly about the same size inside as the punto but a lot more comfyand all the toys to boot.my gears are quite clunky but sometimes i dont press the clutch in enough.i have 2 kids and find the space fine,if i want to go on holiday i just take out the boottray, floor and parcel shelf (if you can call it that lol) and do some careful packing.ive had my juke for 9 months now and love it as much as i did from day 1.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Totally agree with mikeandsazzle.
We still have the A2, but this is our main car as far as I am concerned; wife plus two young children (one nearly 6 and one 2 1/2). The rear seating room is perfectly acceptable for our needs and if we elect to holiday in the UK we would also remove the lower trays and pack sensibly.
With no spare and with the inner trays removed; the boot is reasonably versatile IMHO.
I also love taking the family out in it; a great car which meets our needs just fine.
Darren

·
Registered
446 Posts
We were going to go on holiday in mine to Cornwall, two of us plus two large dogs and luggage. My wife has decided she'd rather go in hers as the ride is softer - happy about that but only because it means I don't get dog hair in my juke, otherwise I was looking forward to the drive

·
Registered
16 Posts
Agree its not a family car, but when your sixty something like me, only got the old girl to get in. Have chosen the petrol CVT and its magic. with the go fast button on the side of the shift stick you can make it move quickly if you want.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I agree and disagree here.

Had our Juke for 6 weeks and I love it in the most part but the size I am stil getting used to as we previously had a Mazda 5.

Orf course I was aware it was smaller and it being our only car as my wife doesnt drive, its ideal as I use it 5 days a week on motorways and its perfectly adequate.

We have the diesel and the 6th gear is briliiant and its very torquey.

Also I was worried that as we had two small children (5 and 2.5) we might struggle.. We just got back from a week in scotlland and when packing the car I thought uh-oh its not all going to fit but as others have mentioned the fact that we dont have a spare tyres helps and if you pack sensibly you will be fine as we were.

All the best with your new purchase.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I can see all point of view in the previous posts.

Buying a Juke for me was to replace my almost 5 yr old vauhall (from new) for something different. There is only me and a partner (she lives closeby) and the Juke fulfills my requirements of downsizing.

There is enough room for two cases for holidays away which suit both of us.

Only niggle is the lack of interior (cabin) storage areas. One of those things when you downsize and the choice I have made.

I also agree it may not be suitable for a growing family but I feel that until about teenage yearsis reached it should be sufficient for basic needs of a family. (Dont want to be contraversial as my Girls 22 & 19 both have their own cars) The Juke is mine.

With a little thought most problems can be overcome such as golf clubs wont fit in boot - so put a seat down - simple and problem solved.

Juke is wonderful car and is def a head turner, it is different and quirky and good to drive.

Each owner will or wouldhave had their own criteria and needs together what they expect (and get) from their Juke.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've only had my Juke since 1st Sept 2012, but I can see your point. When looking at the Juke I didn't think it would be suitable for someone with a family, the Quashqai is more the family car. I had a Renault Clio before so this suits my needs perfectly with the extra space. As I am driving myself around most of the time, I find it no problem. Yes the boot space is not suitable if you are carrying two passengers in the back. Good luck with whatever model you choose next.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanx you for you honest post maplejuke! I joined this forum as I have bn looking at the jukes for some time and just love it! But now my husband and I r expecting our 1st baby in march! We currently have a Suzuki swift and a forf fiesta so need a bigger car! The juke would replace my Suzuki as the "family car". I have had some doubts about the boot size for a baby but the sales men (as they prob would say) that it would b ok for a pram! But then can u fit anything else and if we have a 2nd child would we out Grow the car? After reading ur post I don't know if it would b right for us, as much as I really really like it!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have had my DiG T since June 2012. I waited since last september to decide which model to buy.The big decision at that time was a 6 speed deesel or 5 speed petrol. Glad I waited for the 6 speed petrol DiG T.As for space, 4 of us went to Carlisle for a few days. 4 "carry on" size cases and 2 sets of golf clubs in the boot.I know it's a pain, but taking the tonneau off and the tray out gives you plenty room.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts