Nissan Juke Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 141 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, ive had my juke now for two weeks now and it currently has 600 miles on the clock. Travelled to work yesterday from middlesbrough to sunderland plant approx 34 miles up the a19. As soon as i hit the a19 i set the cruise control to 62 mph all the way to work. I was quite happy when i arrived to see that i achieved 65 mpg, has anybody recorded these readings or is it just me. (i will be trying this again tommorow just to confirm it)

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
would be a Nissan worker that makes them claims given how poor the rest of us are doing
at around 30-35 mpg

btw xlabax are you aware that your employer is now an active member of the forum?

·
Registered
873 Posts
Do you reset the mpg counter every trip then? The bar graph on mine only goes up to 60 so can't tell if it is more than that...

·
Registered
873 Posts
Also, I note the A19 is a dual carraigeway. I think most people drive at the speed limit on most roads when they can (I certainly do) - 62mph is quite a lot lower than that so try it at 70mph and see what you get for a better test.

·
Registered
659 Posts
I think it may be a problem with the earlier ones. I've had mine since the start of November. Fee and deks have had theirs a good while too.

All I DO know is that 41.2 after nearly 1700 miles of bog-standard driving isn't pleasing to me.

·
Registered
873 Posts
What is clear is that it isn't a problem with all jukes (despite what some people on here like to put forward), perhaps just a selected few / early batch as you suggested. Lets hope the people with problems can get them resolved then everyone will be happy!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well you could say that but at the end of the day that was the mpg for that journey. I'm only trying to feed back mpg figures people have asked for.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
jayannlay said:
I think it may be a problem with the earlier ones. I've had mine since the start of November. Fee and deks have had theirs a good while too.

All I DO know is that 41.2 after nearly 1700 miles of bog-standard driving isn't pleasing to me.
Jay I think you are right about early problem fee and I have both had ours since early Nov aswell

still Mr tec from Spain is flying over to sort mine on Monday so hopefully I too can record 60+mpg
Edited by: deks36

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Stormrider said:
What is clear is that it isn't a problem with all jukes (despite what some people on here like to put forward), perhaps just a selected few / early batch as you suggested. Lets hope the people with problems can get them resolved then everyone will be happy!
if you are referring to me, fee or Jay, I take that as a serious insult as none of us have said its all Jukes that have poor mpg we are talking about ours and the list of people suffering low mpg is growing daily so if you want to make acusations get the facts right,
Edited by: deks36

·
Registered
64 Posts
Most of the cars I have had with trip computers are rather optimistic when reporting fuel consumption.
The only real way of measuring consumption accurately is 'brim to brim' refueling and see how much fuel you put in vs mileage covered.

1 - 20 of 141 Posts