Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi
i ordered my nissan juke tekna 1.6 DIG-T on 14th july and was told when i ordered it it would b the 3rd november when it was delivered which ok that was fine, i have now been told a delivery date of 15 december. 5 MONTHS!!!
as i only have a car until 8 november and the garage knew this when i ordered mine, i think they r gonna loose a sale from me

i dont think nissan should have bigged these cars up if they cant keep up with making them.
very very disappointed.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
read up on the threads for DIG-T in UK cars are made but insurance industry has insisted on alarm which now needs to be retro fitted,its my understanding that this is what is causing the delays with DIG-T models

·
Registered
575 Posts
It's been a bit of a nightmare with the DIG-Ts, but there have been some on here that have taken delivery so they are getting out there. When were you told about your delay?

·
Registered
443 Posts
It's a bit bad that the uk owners are being forced to fit an alarm.the imobaliser won't allow anyone to drive it away.
And Thatchem are the people who approve the alarm so holding Nissan and the uk owners to ransom in effect.Edited by: Juke-of-earl

·
Registered
97 Posts
i have a friend who has ordered an Audi TT and the wait for that is around 5 months so it seems if you order new or a special specification it takes time to get your vehicle

·
Registered
32 Posts
My dealer told me November, then January, now possibly March. Ordered mine in September in Sapphire Black

·
Registered
377 Posts
Juke-of-earl said:
It's a bit bad that the uk owners are being forced to fit an alarm.the imobaliser won't allow anyone to drive it away.
And Thatchem are the people who approve the alarm so holding Nissan and the uk owners to ransom in effect.
My thoughts exactly! Also its supposed to be a parimeter alarm, if ive read the right reports! (Please dont slate me if im wrong fellow Jukers!) They can be a knightmare, you only have to breathe a mile away with some models & they go off! We had one once & it was more nuisance than good. The cat over the road loved walking down the drive just to hear the noise.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Unless it's got a motion sensor then it shouldn't go off randomly. Basically perimeter alarms go off if the windows are broken or the doors opened without the key, whereas volumetric alarms go off if there's movement within the car (some alarms feature both). Motion sensors are designed to go off if the car is towed away and they're the ones I've had trouble with in the past - I had one on a Tino which went off in the slightest breeze - but I don't think most cars have those any more and if they do, the technology is much better.

·
Registered
575 Posts
It's an odd one that the ABI are quite happy to insure "normal" jukes without the perimeter alarm and diesel jukes, which cost about the same without the perimeter alarm, but not the DIG-T? Its not like from the outside that you can tell the difference between the DIG-T and the others?
I suppose on the bright side, we're getting an uprated alarm included in the price

·
Registered
377 Posts
Id also seen on the net theyd had a problem with compatability with the alarm they use for the "normal" Jukes, something to do with the black box & it was causing problems. Dont know how true this is. Theres so much information on the net these days you can get information overload. Plus you never quite know whats true.

·
Registered
754 Posts
sallyspud said:
Id also seen on the net theyd had a problem with compatability with the alarm they use for the "normal" Jukes, something to do with the black box & it was causing problems. Dont know how true this is. Theres so much information on the net these days you can get information overload. Plus you never quite know whats true.
I thought the "normal" jukes had an imobliser but no alarm?

·
Registered
377 Posts
Pass, it was an article on net. Cant remember word for word, but it just stated that the factory in Japan had had problems due to the alarm being fitted to the 4wd. It was the one fitted on the other models, but wasntcompatable with this model, due to the black box unit & it had stopped production. The end of the article said it had been resolved as they had replaced it with a different model. Maybe they meant immob & the 4wds that were for other Countries. I'll look in my history later & see if I can find it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts