Nissan Juke Owners Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all can anyone tell me if we should drive our CVT Dig-T 4x4 in 4x4 mode all the time or 2x2? The dealer never mentioned what was better?
Happy new Juke owner

·
Registered
998 Posts
harryandmaya said:
Hi all can anyone tell me if we should drive our CVT Dig-T 4x4 in 4x4 mode all the time or 2x2? The dealer never mentioned what was better?
Happy new Juke owner
Not having a 4x4 model but having had a FordRanger truck 4x4, if you have the option of manually selecting 2 wheel drive then I would use it. I would use 4 wheel drive only when road conditions required it. T

·
Registered
50 Posts
When its dry out, I use 2WD. When its wet or light snow I switch to AWD-V. When its really snowing thick I'll use the AWD.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
you can drive it in what ever you like it doent matter other than fuel consumption will increas in 4x4 mode.
One warning if you have to use the spare will do so only in 2wd as its a skinny spare it will mess up the torque vectoring system if you use it with spare on

·
Registered
377 Posts
Yep, Ilmor is bang on the button, mine is in 2wd most of the time, weather permitting. The only thing id add is I used my 4wdon badly iced roads too.

·
Registered
796 Posts
well said. Uses 4x4 only when the road surface warrants it.
No real need to use it in the wet unless there is a lot of surface water, or (The first downpour after a long dry spell).

Snow and ice warrant 4x4 of course.
However a word of warning: When going down steep hills on snow/ice 4x4 can be twitchy. Found this out in my former Audi RS6 and the Qashqai. So at the Alpine driving school they suggested two wheel drive for (going down steep hills).

Not sure how the Juke will respond to this as the wheelbase is shorter.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts