Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering whether many other people have ordered the 4WD model which are built only in Japan. My wife's order is not expected until mid February. Has anybody else got similar dates or are expecting earlier delivery. We ordered in July

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
that seeem a bit of an unreasonable wait given that you ordered in July
is that the date alwasy given or has it moved

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It has moved. Initially it was October something, then November, then end December and now mid February. I guess they have to fill an entire ship before they send them from Japan.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Hi,

Have ordered the 4WD (Sept), our salesman couldnt give us a date but did warn us to expect it to be Jan or Feb of next year.
We aren't bothered by the wait, but ido find ita bit extreme at some of the waiting times people are being given for their new car.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
think i would be wanting some sweetners for the delay and i would expect Nissan to absorb the VAT increase aswell

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Jadzi,

I bet the cars will be on the same boat from Japan. Does anybody know whether all shipments from Japan for Europe go to Sunderland for onward distribution? I am sure the 4WD will kick the 2WDs well into touch

One irritation of the February delivery is that we are (hopefully) moving from London to Shropshire at the end of November (hence the 4WD) and we will have to get a train back to London to collect the car from WLMG Mill Hill.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
They did offer to deliver, but it meant dropping it off a trailer, so if it were damaged it would be very difficult to prove who's fault it was. We also asked if they could deliver to a dealer in Shropshire ..err no! Oh well, train it will have to be.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I'm biding my time on that and waiting till they give me a firm date.
Hopefully it will be on the production line by then or on the boat.

Once there is a physical car on it's way to the dealership (rather than just on order on the computer) they will have less room for manouver.

That's the theory anyway !

·
Registered
575 Posts
roger48 said:
Jadzi,
I am sure the 4WD will kick the 2WDs well into touch
Despite the fact that the 4wd is slower
(in all seriousness I'm just jealous because I really couldn't justify £20k on a Juke)

·
Registered
84 Posts
chris78 said:
roger48 said:
Jadzi,
(in all seriousness I'm just jealous because I really couldn't justify £20k on a Juke)
Don't forget the transmission loss , standing starts will be the 4wd edge. Not that people buy turbo models for such garishness

·
Registered
377 Posts
Hi,
I ordered mine on 20/10, a 4wd in force red. I was told Jan delivery. He showed me the computer when he keyed it in & it didnt bring any up to select, it said build & Jan. Im hoping with fingers firmly crossed it will be right. We were told if its after the 4th we would have to pay the VAT, as Nissan had given a strict directive about it. Its very confusing the amount of different dateswereall being given & it takes the shine off what should be a very exciting time.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Kennyf said:
chris78 said:
roger48 said:
Jadzi,
Don't forget the transmission loss , standing starts will be the 4wd edge. Not that people buy turbo models for such garishness
Nah, the CVT 'box is too slow. Now if they'd fitted a double clutch gearbox, that'd be different. In fact, if they'd done that, I wouldn't have ordered a manual

·
Registered
377 Posts
JadziJuke said:
Dealer been in touch today and given me an ETA at the dealers of 3rd December!

Wow, thats brill, im so jelous, hope mine will be following yours shortly after!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Jadzi,

That delivery is amazing, lucky you. My wife's was ordered on 31 July and the dealer is now saying 26 January, which is better than mid February. I was wondering whether you went in to order that spec or whether your dealer offered it. You may have been lucky enough to pick up a cancellation.

Could you say who your dealer is so I can try and pressure WLMG for more information on deliveries.

Many thanks you lucky man.

PS I was told today that Nissan are going to honour the 17.5% VAT on our car, I assume it will apply to others as well, but check with your dealer.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Roger,

I particularly ordered that spec.
Initially they said it might be Jan, then yesterday said 21st March followed shortly by mid Feb!
Today it's 03/12/2010 (just checked the e-mail again to make sure!)!

It's Hartwell Sheffield, they've been very open about the delivery dates being vague and apologised for the confusion yesterday.

I hope their last date is correct.

Can only wait and see!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts